Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Doubled Progressive Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's insurance (Progressive) has increased significantly here in Florida. I assume this is because of the number of these cars on the road and the fact they are obscenely expensive to repair when damaged also the storms last year and in 2004 are always used as an excuse to increase the price of everything. My renewal last year for just myself with a SR+ Model 3 was $420 or so, then $550 or so in August. The renewal for the six month period is now just over $800 for the pending six month period. I checked with a number of other major carriers and they were all right at $2,000 for the same insurance for the same period. I'm just about paid off on this car and I'm not ready to start making car payments on insurance coverage to keep it. I've also zero desire to allow any insurance company to put an app on my phone and track my driving in order to get a small discount.

I know this amount is probably low vs what others might pay but I'm hoping rates don't keep exploding like this every six months otherwise I'll be in the market for another EV or maybe I should be in the market to move to another state where most of the population is over 65 and in most parts of the world wouldn't be allowed on the roads.