Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for M3P? Best company?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone got any recommedations for an insurance company to get my M3P insured, spoke to 3 different ones.. LV, Directline and Aviva.. all aroung the £1,500 per annum mark.

I have been looking at 'By Miles', who have been in the news, cause of the new types of tesla insurance, but I need a reg number! and even though i'm picking car up on thursday, tesa still havent allocated me one! smooth sailing as always from them!

thanks

I believe a lot of insurance criteria for the Performance model changed in recent months leading to a lot of increased quotes. £,1500 sounds roughly right.

Ring Tesla and they should give you the reg.

Also there's a few massive threads regarding insurance - have a look in them for more info.

anyone got any recommedations for an insurance company to get my M3P insured, spoke to 3 different ones.. LV, Directline and Aviva.. all aroung the £1,500 per annum mark.

I have been looking at 'By Miles', who have been in the news, cause of the new types of tesla insurance, but I need a reg number! and even though i'm picking car up on thursday, tesa still havent allocated me one! smooth sailing as always from them!

thanks

I’ve just managed to get mine with LV for £590 (mandatory £850 excess) I was fortunate, I managed to have a few quotes still live which I did 3 weeks or so ago which I could amend to a new date as it was inside a month. I also did a fresh quote with LV out of curiosity and it was nearly £1k !!! Nothing has changed in so far as my circumstances, simply cannot figure out why they have jumped so much in the past 3 weeks ! On a side note, I was asked if the car was fitted with a tracker and I said yes and that one was built in to the car; they seemed happy enough with that.

Hi.

I checked around with my current provider and brokers I've used before - one or two came back with £3000-3500!

Direct Line came back with £1040 - phew.

Novo was the best though - £730, including my wife who is a bit of a girl-racer on 10 points!
They were also relaxed about dechroming the car, PPF, and other cosmetic mods - and if they have to give you a loaner - it will be a Tesla.
Not bad, I thought - pick the car up on Saturday so can't comment on their after-service.

I have a policy via Aviva which is for any car owned by me to insure the driver(s) fully comp, this did have the stipulation that they were over 25 however when trying to add the m3p they updated this to over 30s only and now i have to name whoever uses it. Pain in the arse and will be going back to market when the policy needs to be renewed in April, hopefully by then they will be a few more options. Wont be long once April comes and fleets are changed to M3s!

I’ve just managed to get mine with LV for £590 (mandatory £850 excess) I was fortunate, I managed to have a few quotes still live which I did 3 weeks or so ago which I could amend to a new date as it was inside a month. I also did a fresh quote with LV out of curiosity and it was nearly £1k !!! Nothing has changed in so far as my circumstances, simply cannot figure out why they have jumped so much in the past 3 weeks ! On a side note, I was asked if the car was fitted with a tracker and I said yes and that one was built in to the car; they seemed happy enough with that.
I think I was just as lucky as you! Got a good quote from LV as soon as I pulled the trigger on the order, managed to get delivery before the quote expired after a month.

With only a couple of companies giving decent quotes it was inevitable to some degree that they would raise their price, just because they can. I am hopeful though that as the number of M3's goes up and the amount of data available increases that others will updated their models and start giving more sensible quotes. That's my hope anyway or I am screwed in July :(
So if you guys could refrain from wrapping yours around trees for the next 6 months I would really appreciate it.

• Funny
Reactions: pow216