Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance on a Stealth VS LR AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gotcha.. so it's badass without looking like it. What was the intention of making those or do they still? Perhaps just that.. to be the surprise?
They were very aggressively upselling it to people who placed AWD orders to incentivise them to take delivery sooner. The only physical difference from AWD is suspected to be the rear motor inverter. Since they would only have to use existing inventory parts that were binned for higher current, this would allow them to take advantage of improving MOSFET manufacturing yields with no additional supply cost. The $2000 premium would be pure profit.

• Helpful
Reactions: calidreamz808
VIN does reveal a Stealth to be Performance for 2020 models. But my insurance company has my Stealth as “Tesla Model 3 EV”.

Trust me, once you drive off in a Stealth, that acceleration will make you forget whatever extra chump change you would be paying. I drove a LR AWD and a Stealth and the difference in the pull is significant. If LR AWD acceleration is a Soprano level high-pitch scream, the Stealth is a pre-teen excitement shrill!

Recently switched to Farmers for my insurance and when I gave them the VIN for my stealth, it came up as "2020 Tesla Model 3 Ev 4d 2wd". I specifically asked about the 2wd as it's an AWD model, but my agent said that shouldn't make a difference in coverage. Hope he's right...