Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance replacement value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cuttin

Oct 25, 2018
Nj
So I recently totaled my 17 MX, not at fault. And just got my 22 MX. I haven't been sleeping nights because of the ptsd I guess over insurance value.

I paid 105 for new one bc reserved it awhile ago. If this one gets totaled, to get a new one I'd have to spend 130k...

I'm sure many people here with new ones in same scenario.

Any advice? I've researched and policies with "new car replacement" types should cover closer to the newer value. I went with Njm, but the fine print says tops out at 110%msrp. I think that means msrp of what I paid. Geico and state farm don't have. Allstate and Hanover were too pricey.

Anyone pondered this? Anyone have deep knowledge of this?

Just an example. With companies that use actual cash value and the new or newer car replacement thing, besides the depreciation you go through, the cost of a new car went up alot. So the delta keep growing. With standard cars, it's much smaller difference.

I’ve wondered the same thing. I pad $115k for mine a few months ago, but now it would cost almost $150k new. I have Tesla insurance in California, which is the only option I could find with even remotely affordable premiums. I’ll check my documents and report back if I find anything specific about replacement value.

Reactions: Cuttin