Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integrating Tesla into Alexa. Possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to find out how to integrate my Tesla into Alexa home.

I currently have a Bond bridge that is able to control my garage door. The Bond bridge integrates nicely with Alexa.

I have added the skill in Alexa that allows it to open and close the garage door if I ask it to.

Is there a way to activate the Alexa open garage door skill when the car arrives or is close to home?

I realize purchasing the $300 homelink for Tesla allows the same functionality but I'd rather not pay for that if there's a way to do the same with what I already have.

I've programmed the same activity with my phone location. This works if I'm in my car. However, if I'm riding in my wife's car going home, then it still opens my side of the garage.

The trigger to open the Tesla’s garage door needs to come from the car’s geolocation, not your phone as you already know. I’m not sure how you’re going to do this without a cumbersome hack. I’d recommend spending the $300 on the homelink - it’ll just work. Lots of others go to great lengths to save the money to varying degrees of success. See this thread for some ideas- myQ WiFi Garage Opener - No Homelink

Not sure how this helps OP trigger an automatic opening as he approaches his garage.
I have owned an Echo Auto for several months. As far as I’m aware, it would not automatically open a garage, aside from giving a verbal command to open a wifi garage door opener. That being said, I really like using the Echo to listen to Sirius XM and Audible books since there is no app for them on the Tesla screen.

Reactions: JustSaying