Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alexa <> Tesla Integration? Anybody Using Eve? Other Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what ya'll are doing for Alexa integration.

I use Tessie for now, and I like it I guess, but its Alexa integration is mostly cutsey stuff. Sure, I can give commands, but the useful things? No can do. I suppose for anything useful I expect to be able to launch routines based on select criteria. Triggers, if you will. Think of all the things you'd ask Alexa to do if Alexa was aware you'd arrived home, or left work, or...

Or maybe you want to an Alexa routine to launch if the windows are down, or the hatch is open, or...

Anybody using anything with a deeper Alexa integration, or found a workaround to launch Alexa commands based on Tesla location status?

TIA,

-d

Can't believe nobody want's to do this. Just a few things one could do if we only had an app with a few Alexa triggers.

* Vent windows if interior temperature over 95.
* Close vent (still allowed) if rain detected.
* Charge car after arrival and 2 minute delay (get parked and connected).
* On arrival power on garage door opener, disarm security, turn on driveway & house lights, open garage door.
* On departure from home turn off all home lights, close garage door, power off garage door openers.

The last few require a smart house, but lots of Tesla owners have that.

Hey @dafish - I was using the Tasker plugin "Bolt for Tesla" to do this kind of thing. I had it connected to "Alexa, climate the Tesla" and I also had a routine that would notify me when the vehicle status would change. Unfortunately, with Tesla deprecating the legacy API it's not working as of yesterday and I'm hoping the developer will migrate to the new Tesla FleetAPI soon. I may have to move to Tessie.