Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interested in Swapping MX 22"s wheels with your 20" s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in Austin, TX area interested in swapping your 20" wheel sets with our 22" wheel sets. Please send me a IM .
These wheels are in great condition with two brand new tires and 1 brand new wheel.

Bad idea, better off buying a spare set of 20's (may be okay if going with the OEM staggered set).

Just know you'll be in for a rude awakening if you go to trade the car in to Tesla later. They deduct the full amount for new 22's since that is on the manufacture sticker and has to go to the next person. In addition, no reputable wheel/repair place will mount (20's) them back on your vehicle if something happens (say you have a flat and need to have a tire plugged).

As a caveat, I need to add that I went with a "square" set instead of the factory staggered, so I brought a lot of this nonsense on myself..

Reactions: yogi4
I don’t think he cares for trade in value at the moment

Explain to me what you mean by no shop will mount 20s on the MX??
If the manufacture sticker shows 22's and you have 20's, some shops will not mess with it. I ran into an even bigger issue when I went with the square setup since I changed the overall width in the rear.