Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior 10 degrees warmer than outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 (new to me) is showing frequently 8+ degrees warmer interior than exterior, while in the garage. It's sister Model 3 sitting beside it is usually 1 or 2 degrees different between interior and exterior. This is bizarre right? Not normal?

1000008222.png

@Nizzore, I have the same situation. My 2017 model X and 2018 model 3 sit right next to each other in the garage. The model 3 will be near the garage ambient temperature while the model X always reports a much higher temperature in the app.

Years ago I included this on my list of concerns at a service appointment. They said all was fine. What I did learn from that was that there are a lot of temperature sensors in the car, and the model X seems to pull from a warmer location. Also, when I turn on the heat in the winter the app will show that the car is quite toasty when it isn’t at all for the passengers.

@Nizzore, I have the same situation. My 2017 model X and 2018 model 3 sit right next to each other in the garage. The model 3 will be near the garage ambient temperature while the model X always reports a much higher temperature in the app.

Years ago I included this on my list of concerns at a service appointment. They said all was fine. What I did learn from that was that there are a lot of temperature sensors in the car, and the model X seems to pull from a warmer location. Also, when I turn on the heat in the winter the app will show that the car is quite toasty when it isn’t at all for the passengers.
So weird. It definitely has some quirks regarding the interior temp sensor, even when on. I'll put a ticket in the app and see if they'll come swap the sensor. I'll report back

Reactions: Bigriver
No recent charging? My S shows warmer than the garage but after charging it's always a few more degrees more than the 'warmer normal' lol.
Nope

By the way, Tesla responded in the app and said the model x uses an average of 3 of its interior sensors and that's why it's higher than the model 3 in the same garage. He ran a remote diagnostic and no faults so they cancelled my appt. Ok at least good to know.