Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for some interior lighting for my 2022 SR+. In particular I am trying to find good led lighting from brands as basenor and nestour or others on Amazon for less than $50.

And just a few questions:

1- Will they turn on/off automatically when entering and exiting the vehicle?

2- Are they good quality?

3- Are they distracting, or do they enhance the rather dark interior.

Thanks in advance!

Be sure to read this thread that is a sticky in this sub-forum. It has a heap of detail from me and another forum member. Many of your questions will be answered in there in more detail but a few quick answers below.

1. Not straight away and maybe not at all. Because they are powered by the 12V accessory port and that port supplies power most of the time they will not turn on and off when entering the car. I have heard some members on the forum say that their cars turn off the 12v port automatically after a few hours but mine never goes off at all so my LED lighting is always on even after the car has been in sleep mode for a full day. That being said it’s not really an issue as they use very little power to run. If you are concerned though you can just turn them off using the switch on the 12v plug or using the phone app that controls them.

2. Read the post linked below I mentioned above for our experiences with the kits we bought.

3. They can certainly be distracting at night if you are doing any sort of careful manoeuvring in a really dark place. The reflection of the lights on the glass of the windows can make it hard to see detail like how close you are to a curb or something. I think the footwell lights are a bit bright compared to the other lights on mine as well. I have turned all my lights down to about 50% to counter this.

Reactions: Falcon20
I went a DIY route. Bought the raw fiber optic cable and cut to lengths I need. Recycled a RGB controller with wireless remote that is powered with a battery brick I custom wired up. Ive only routed the center console so far. the RGB controller is a small box stored in the center console compartment. I wanted a solution that doesnt use the car's power system. Works great I think. The RGB controllers are cheap (around $20.00) and the raw fiber cable was $14 for 15'.

I got some JB weld clear epoxy glue and just epoxied a single RGB LED on the end of one side of the fiber optic cord. Put small reflective foil on the oppsosite end to reflect the same light back down the opposite end of the cord. This little tweak increased the brightness by about 20%. I also put black electric tape on the ends to prevent light bleed.

Attachments

• 20220101_193032.jpg
    20220101_193032.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220101_192730.jpg
    20220101_192730.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 111
I am looking for some interior lighting for my 2022 SR+. In particular I am trying to find good led lighting from brands as basenor and nestour or others on Amazon for less than $50.

And just a few questions:

1- Will they turn on/off automatically when entering and exiting the vehicle?

2- Are they good quality?

3- Are they distracting, or do they enhance the rather dark interior.

Thanks in advance!
To answer your questions only about Basenor products:

1. As Nerd answered, because they are powered by the 12V accessory port and that port supplies power most of the time they will not turn on and off when entering the car.

2. We have sold thousands of products and most the Tesla owners are very satisfied with this product. You can also see a lot of basenor's real reviews on YouTube. You don't have to worry about quality problems, if the products you receive have problems, you can contact us at any time, and we will handle it for you.

3. No feedback on this has been received so far. But you still need to be cautious while driving, and safety first. If you feel that the light is too bright to affect driving, you can adjust it yourself through the app.