Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior noise cancelling model s plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works and is quite noticeable. However it often goes out of calibration (which I hear quite clearly even while playing the radio) and it won’t recalibrate until I shut off the radio for a few minutes.

If you just received the car it might not show up until you get the first update. It’s a bit weird for sure. But it absolutely works and is worth it.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Upvote 0
It's already there.

1) set your expectations appropriately. Understand what is possible with a full cabin noise cancelling system vs the headphone noise cancelling systems people are used to. If you're expecting noise cancelling like you experience with headphones... never going to happen. It's just not physically possible.

2) Consistency of how it works is.... inconsistent.

Upvote 0
It works and is quite noticeable. However it often goes out of calibration (which I hear quite clearly even while playing the radio) and it won’t recalibrate until I shut off the radio for a few minutes.

If you just received the car it might not show up until you get the first update. It’s a bit weird for sure. But it absolutely works and is worth it.

This one. Sometimes toggling off and then back on does the trick as well.

Upvote 0

I don’t understand why you keep telling people “it works quite well”.

All indications I have seen, with people using the feature on this forum, are that it’s junk. So 99% say junk, 1% say it works.

Please, can any other user chime in who thinks this is a feature that does what was intended/advertised?

Reactions: WilliamG
Upvote 0

All indications I have seen, with people using the feature on this forum, are that it’s junk. So 99% say junk, 1% say it works.

Please, can any other user chime in who thinks this is a feature that does what was intended/advertised?
“99 and 98/100’s pure” junk (recall very old Ivory soap commercial, anyone?)

@WilliamG

Reactions: glide and WilliamG
Upvote 0

I can confirm that it works well in my April 22 build. Thing is that it is quite sensitive to many factors. And as mentioned, you’ll need to understand that it isn’t ANC. And only minimizes noises coming from the wheel wells. If any window is open, it won’t work. If your fan speed is somewhat high, it won’t work. If someone opens the door and enters then it temporarily stops working, and has to recalibrate - including every time its operation is interrupted. So it’s quite is limited in scope. Best to keep the audio options visible on screen to compare its function on/off.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer
Upvote 0
I can confirm that it works well in my April 22 build. Thing is that it is quite sensitive to many factors. And as mentioned, you’ll need to understand that it isn’t ANC. And only minimizes noises coming from the wheel wells. If any window is open, it won’t work. If your fan speed is somewhat high, it won’t work. If someone opens the door and enters then it temporarily stops working, and has to recalibrate - including every time its operation is interrupted. So it’s quite is limited in scope. Best to keep the audio options visible on screen to compare its function on/off.
Right. More times than not, it won’t work - or worse, it adds noise to the car.

Reactions: WilliamG
Upvote 0

It works fine on my car. It's not earth shattering and it's too bad Tesla used language that left way too much to interpretation about what it would do. If it was a priced option I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it, and that's at least partially a bet on Tesla improving it over time.

I wouldn't index on what people say on this forum. Like any car forum, the complaints overwhelm everything else. This place rivals porsche forums for level of outrage, dramatic over-reactions, and uninformed hyper confident experts.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Upvote 0