Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior reported temperature incorrectly high after windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After front windshield replacement, two issues began to occur consistently
1. Interior temperature of the car is detected to be unreasonably high after overnight sleep. The interior temperature shows as high as 37C/99F immediate after car wake up, where the ambient temperature is 12C/54F. The reported temperature slowly reaches more reasonable 20C after half hour of being awake. Laser thermometer showed the interior temperature is ambient, and confirmed the reported temperature is incorrect.
2. Auto A/C only blows air upward (toward the windshield), and never blow air toward the passengers.

Has this occurred to anyone?

Since windshield replacement does not involve adjusting the cabin temperature sensor (under screen), I suspect the root cause is the temperature/humidity sensor under the camera housing.
1633780772957.png

Graph of interior reported temperature vs outside temperature
1633780407586.png

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
After front windshield replacement, two issues began to occur consistently
1. Interior temperature of the car is detected to be unreasonably high after overnight sleep. The interior temperature shows as high as 37C/99F immediate after car wake up, where the ambient temperature is 12C/54F. The reported temperature slowly reaches more reasonable 20C after half hour of being awake. Laser thermometer showed the interior temperature is ambient, and confirmed the reported temperature is incorrect.
2. Auto A/C only blows air upward (toward the windshield), and never blow air toward the passengers.

Has this occurred to anyone?

Since windshield replacement does not involve adjusting the cabin temperature sensor (under screen), I suspect the root cause is the temperature/humidity sensor under the camera housing.
View attachment 719486

Graph of interior reported temperature vs outside temperature
View attachment 719483
Same issue since my windshield was replace this week.

They did but did it again as they checked the sensor connections today and on the advice of Tesla Assistance. It did unfortunately not resolve the issue. The airco keeps blowing air via the windshield only on automatic mode. The next step is to contact Tesla Assistance again to make an appointment at the Tesla service center. I guess that something is wrong with the sensor that comes with the windshield.

Going to have my temperature/humidity sensor replaced tomorrow. Let's see if that fixes it. I don't think windshields come with electronics and they most likely recycled your old camera electronics, assuming you're referring to the temperature/humidity sensor

Going to have my temperature/humidity sensor replaced tomorrow. Let's see if that fixes it. I don't think windshields come with electronics and they most likely recycled your old camera electronics, assuming you're referring to the temperature/humidity sensor
Yes, I mean the temperature/humidity sensor which is part of the new windscreen. I saw how it looks as the technician showed me.

Last edited:
I understood from the technician that the small circuit board comes with the windshield. They just plug in the cables from the camera unit and that's it. The interior temperature disappeared when he unplugged the interior temperature cable on the circuit board. So the connection is working only the reading is not correct.

I have an appointment next Tuesday. Interesting to learn if they can fix the problem with your car tomorrow.