Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior temperature at 135

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model 3 is in Service center and today when I looked at the status in my cell phone it shows the interior as 135.

Should I be worried and doing something ? They won't be back probably till tomm morning .

Attachments

• 50809358-76AD-4986-9A6B-276D54A11232.png
    50809358-76AD-4986-9A6B-276D54A11232.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
turn on A/C and set it to 85 or so. Let them charge the low batt in a few days.

btw, when they start working on your car, your app will say "in service" and not allow you to access the vehicle to control things like the A/C. The fact that you can still access it probably means they haven't even started working on it and are just leaving it parked out in the heat for the weekend.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Not really. Cabin overheat protection doesn’t become active unless you’ve sat in it and left that day and then only will stay triggered for 8 hrs. I have COP set to On in my car and use a windshield shade, so do understand your concern if you typically use it to reduce the interior heat in your car to further protect the interior and electronics. Not much you can do, can’t trigger COP remotely. Not the end of the world. Service will be accessing the car on Monday I assume.

Using Climate on the app to turn A/C on I am pretty sure only keeps it on for a short set amount of time. Would have to check the manual on that.

If it gets to 20% and they still haven't worked on your car, I would be going back to pick it up. Then tell them not to waste your time with service appointments if they're just going to park your car outside for days without doing any work on it.

I think Sentry gets disabled anyways, once they put your car "In service" mode.

This isn't a problem. Don't turn on your A/C your car is fine. The problem is people can actually see the temp on the app and it makes them aware of something that normally happens on all cars.

All of the teslas are sitting outside the service center getting just as hot as yours. Your car came from freemont California where it sat in a parking lot for who knows how long. The temp is 93 there today. All of those Teslas are fine.

My car hits 145 sitting in my driveway.... It's normal.

Cabin overheat protection is a safety feature for people that may forget kids in their car. It turns off after 12hrs if you don't use the car. I don't even have it turned on.