Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent loss of USB stick icon and playback/security until reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm here because I too am experiencing the USB intermittent connection issue. Seems to happen primarily at home. Soft reboot fixes the issue for a drive maybe 2. At the Tesla service center they could not reproduce the issue.
I scheduled another service appointment, since I didn't fully understand the problem the first two times I took it in. In response to my service request, which explained the situation in detail, Tesla responded that they "have confirmed your vehicle is currently affected by the firmware. Our engineers are working to correct this issue.... At this time there is no further action we will be able to perform."

It should work. As I already said, if you wake your car up in any other way then opening the door, it recognizes the USB. Toggling Sentry would do this. As would turning on the climate control. Opening and closing the charge port. Anything that wakes up the car BEFORE opening the door.

• Informative
Reactions: El joe
It looks like if you toggle the sentry mode ON and wait for a few seconds and then toggle it back OFF using the Tesla app it fixes the issue without a reboot. Can someone else verify that this works for them? Thx.
I just tried it and it worked. As with any intermittent issue, will have to try for a few more days but looks promising. Thank you! I was thinking I was going to have to pay for tunein premium. FYI, I have tried a backup USB drive with my music and has same issue so not a flaky drive.

It looks like if you toggle the sentry mode ON and wait for a few seconds and then toggle it back OFF using the Tesla app it fixes the issue without a reboot. Can someone else verify that this works for them? Thx.
I have the exact same problem. I just tried your on/off Tesla app sentry mode and I worked, thank you.
I have a service request in for next month for this exact issue so how would I explain it to them?