Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internet Radio and WiFi Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just throwing this out in the event that anyone else see's this...

It appears that TUNEIN radio does not work when the car is in the garage and connected via Wifi. However, SLACKER DOES work in the same situation.

Once I roll out of the garage, and the car transfers connection to LTE, TUNEIN starts working just fine...

Looks like some issue getting TUNEIN specifically over WiFi... I have a pretty high end firewall protecting my home network, and I personally set up and manage all the policies (I'm in the biz), so I don't think it has anything to do with my "router"...

Just an FYI in case this is a bug which should be addressed.

It appears that TUNEIN radio does not work when the car is in the garage and connected via Wifi. However, SLACKER DOES work in the same situation.

Once I roll out of the garage, and the car transfers connection to LTE, TUNEIN starts working just fine...

Looks like some issue getting TUNEIN specifically over WiFi... I have a pretty high end firewall protecting my home network, and I personally set up and manage all the policies (I'm in the biz), so I don't think it has anything to do with my "router"...

Does your mobile app load while the car is on wifi, my car connects to wifi and everything works on the car end but the mobile app only loads 10% of the time.

I'm having a different issue. Streaming radio works on Wifi (in my garage) and on LTE (on the road), but if I start on Wifi in the garage and drive away, under v.8.0 the handoff fails. Under 7.x there would be a short pause/gap, but the stream would switch from WiFi to LTE. Now under 8.0 I have to do the touchscreen 'tap dance' to bring up the Media interface, deselect and reselect my streaming station, then wait for the spinning circle icon to stop and the audio stream to resume under LTE. Another new 'feature'...

Did you ever find a resolution? I'm having the same problem. Tesla says I need to reboot but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Also, map refresh speed is really slow, pixel squares all the time.