Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing myself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning! Ordered a 2018 new inventory 100D a few days ago and now scrambling to get the garage ready. Buying experience was great, with a test drive at the now closed DC center and later the salesperson bringing a car out to Annapolis for us to drive locally. A day after I hit the go button on the order, I texted the salesperson to ask her how to give her credit for the sale, and she is no longer with the company.

I feel lucky about the order timing, since the next day it was announced that prices would increase 3% on new vehicles, probably increasing demand for the lower priced new inventory models.

During the buying process I'd been testing a Cadillac CT6 with 404 HP and SuperCruise. Hadn't seen any obvious difference with AP2.5 other than the limited road availability of the GM system, but didn't drive more than about 15 miles on each system. I really liked the hands-free nature of SuperCruise, and hope I'll get used to having one or both hands on the wheel at all times with AP.

Been wrenching on cars for 35 years, so it's going to be weird not changing spark plugs. I can do tires and wheels, brakes, windshield wipers, etc.

Any recommendations for things to get ASAP? I have an electrician coming hopefully soon to put in a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in the garage, and next year will put in 1 (or maybe 2?) wall chargers. Any consensus on which rim protector is best? How is the Owings-Mills Service Center vs. Rockville? They are almost equidistant from me.

Glad to finally be here!