Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invalid Tire Pressure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tire pressure warning came on and indicated the pressure on one tire had dropped to 5 psi and to pull over immediately. Got out and all the tires looked normal. Didn't have a tire pressure gauge to verify. Since everything looked normal and didn't notice any pulling to one side when parking, decided to drive short distance down the road to get a tire gauge.

When I went to start the car, the system said it was still starting up and to wait and push on brake after message clears. (First time I've seen that - maybe system was rebooting?) I did that and eased out of the parking lot. As the pressure sensors started to register - all tires reported normal pressure and the warning cleared. Didn't see any more warnings after that. I later verified the tires did have about 43 psi.

Has anyone experienced this? Did system just need to reboot or is a sensor starting to go out?

Just had the car for one week and this has been the first issue that has come up.

I emailed my advisor at local SC. Got email few minutes later that they were able to check the car while sitting in my driveway and all sensors are reading correctly. They also advised me to bring the air pressure up to 45 psi in the tires as they saw on history that it would drop to 39 when tires were cold. They didn't elaborate on original issue - but was probably interference or computer just needed a reboot.

It is nice having the vehicle checked out remotely from Tesla without me having to leave the driveway!