Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory discount on 75d worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at an inventory Tesla white X 75d w 5 seats, fabric, and no upgrades of any kind with 450 miles on it. It has autopilot.

Price is 79k, which includes transport fee of 2k, and lifetime supercharge.

Is this worth it at its price or should I get a new one at 83k?

Thx.

If it were me, I'd get the new one for $83k. 255 miles vs 237 miles. Premium interior. Better suspension. Hardware 3.
Wholly agree; I am shocked to read that Tesla is only discounting that vehicle by $4k given the mileage (that's quite a few test drives or something) and the benefits of instead ordering the Raven version with improved suspension, range, etc.

Reactions: P85_DA
Wholly agree; I am shocked to read that Tesla is only discounting that vehicle by $4k given the mileage (that's quite a few test drives or something) and the benefits of instead ordering the Raven version with improved suspension, range, etc.

Thanks, yeah, I wondered if the lifetime SC was worth the package, but we do not travel long distance, just local errands.

Thanks for that. I will keep that in mind. Does the 100 battery charge faster than 75d? I thought I read that somewhere...

That's another good point to consider. Ordering a new Raven Model S and X gets you the revision E battery which (at least the 100kWh pack) supports 200kW max power on Supercharger V3. The old 75kWh pack seems to have a maximum of around 115kW on Supercharger V2 compared to 150kW for the old 100kWh pack.

We don't know for sure how the old 75kWh pack performs on Supercharger V3, but it's likely a lot less than 200kW. The new 75kWh is implied to support 200kW on Supercharger V3 according to the blog post, but those blog posts have been known to have factual errors so it could be less than 200kW as well. Bottomline, if you want the fastest supercharging, you'll want the newer car, and ideally the Long Range 100kWh if you can afford it.

The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

Looking at an inventory Tesla white X 75d w 5 seats, fabric, and no upgrades of any kind with 450 miles on it. It has autopilot.

Price is 79k, which includes transport fee of 2k, and lifetime supercharge.

Is this worth it at its price or should I get a new one at 83k?

Thx.

That’s not a great deal for an old 75D. I got an inventory 100D for the price of the new SR. Pretty happy with the pricing and the car as it’s my first MX. BUT, if you can stretch your budget in getting the new LR 325miles with adaptive suspension - that’s the best! Also, you might want to decide sooner since the federal tax credit ($3750) goes half ($1875) if you take delivery after June 30th.

Because of the free supercharging, all the good deals are gone, as there're very few 2018s left to sell. They probably won't discount 2019s until late 2019 or 2020. So looks like the window for best prices may have passed. There were literally 50-60 MXs for sale every time you search. Now, less than 10 in total.

They are supposedly bringing out a exterior and interior refresh end of this year. But that probably means price increase also?

I am thinking that refresh is just to stay relevant when the 3 and Y are both on the market. If the tax credit goes down and they raise prices on top of undercutting both the S and X with cheaper yet still awesome cars, it's hard to imagine the already-depressed S and X sales numbers going anyplace good.