Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory vehicles Accessible To Canada & USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i notice that there is a lot more inventory vehicles in the US than there are in Canada. Considering the cars are built on the same assembly line, and are probably exactly the same, except for turning on daytime running lights and Kim’s vs miles which are easily changed/ activated - why can’t Canadians buy the US inventory cars ?

It would help Tesla with sales to have more customers chasing the same inventory...Anyone know why?

Because they simply don't want to bother with the administrative work. It would also devaluate the current tesla canadian market.

I thought about that...but there is 10X the population in the US vs Canada, but I'm guessing a higher per capita uptake of EV's in Canada.

Tesla already adjusts exchange rates for the pricing regularly - so there is not much difference in pricing in the US vs Canada once exchange is accounted for.

Other manufacturers have to protect their dealers in the local markets - but Tesla doesn't need to - so protecting the market doesn't really work.

I was thinking maybe they might have more inventory available in the US for the perceived rush before the expiring credits. ? But wouldn't it be in their best interests - profitability wise to move the inventory wherever they can when the product is virtually the same in both countries and shipping and logistics pretty much the same too

I agree, I also wished we had access to the us market to buy used CPO cars as I wanted to upgrade mine but simply can't find what I'm looking for in the total 9 available cars in Canada

It would be easy to implement too. They could charge a higher transportation fee depending on distance from the customer of need be. But in many cases it would be cheaper for the customer and better for Tesla. For example a customer in Vancouver buys a Seattle inventory car at much cheapest shipping then buying one from Montreal.

And Tesla gets to offer more selection and sell more cars....win win!

Someone with a twitter account & a sizeable twitter following ( I have neither ) should tweet this out to Elon. Could be a relatively easy & helpful way to boost to those profitability targets.