Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 15 - phone key keeps disconnecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can turn BT off. Just go into settings. “Until tomorrow” is there just incase you forget to turn it on, annoying I agree.

We’ve had the problem periodically with our M3 and ios15.
Yeah, you are right. And yes, it's annoying to have to go to Settings - up to iOS 14 I could turn off Bluetooth indefinitely by putting the phone in airplane mode. TBH I disagree with Apple intentionally making it inconvenient for me to turn off a feature I want to turn off, I didn't ask Apple to reenable it for me after a time determined by Apple and giving me no control over the button that's supposed to turn it on or off. If the Wifi/BT on/off button was customizable, sure, but I can't have it my way, I have to have it their way? Anyway, end of rant, sorry.

Reactions: Tabor
It connects and disconnects randomly on my Android phone when I am away from the car, but it's never failed to connect and unlock approaching the car. As long as it works approaching the car, I wouldn't worry about it.
I hear you but this happened to me when my key card wasn't with me when I was outside my house, just wanted to park the car in the garage. The car opened but it wouldn't let me drive without the key card. So I had to go back inside the house for the key card... that's technology gone wrong - it's supposed to work for me, but in this case, my car was ordering me around to do extra work for it which is ass backwards if you ask me.

I used to have this problem quite a bit on IOS. Decided to buy the key fob and now I never have connection issues. I think the key fob is the best way to go. The phone as key was to finicky for me.
I guess I will buy a key fob too... I always found Bluetooth too unreliabe to be useful for anything mission critical, like, well, being able to drive your car. This just means that you can never leave without the key card and be confident you will be able to get home, so the phone key is more like a finicky convenience than a reliable solution, it can't be relied on as your only way to drive.

I guess I will buy a key fob too... I always found Bluetooth too unreliabe to be useful for anything mission critical, like, well, being able to drive your car. This just means that you can never leave without the key card and be confident you will be able to get home, so the phone key is more like a finicky convenience than a reliable solution, it can't be relied on as your only way to drive.
That’s how I feel. The positive side effect to the key fob: makes taking it into someplace outside of Tesla a lot easier. A local tire shop handles all my tire rotations & winter/summer swap out. I always watch the sentry footage and it takes them 5 minutes to unlock the doors with the key card. They also forget to lock it since the key card doesn’t auto lock. The fob has fixed both of these issues.

Key fob is totally optional. I chose to go that route to avoid the hassles and first world problems. I can either come on here and complain about something I can’t fix, or I can do something about it. I chose to buy a key fob to avoid the hassle. May the force be with you.
I like the convince of using the phone and text messaging while driving. So BT must remain on.

Same problem here, but mine is little different story.
I updated to IOS 15 several days ago and I noticed my car doesnt recognize my new phone when I started my car this morning. Monitor indicated I have to place the key card on the charging slot to start my car, then yellow turtle light shows up and says reduced power exiting and re enter may restore operation” .
Because I was later for work, I just ignored and took off , then my car got really sluggish especially when I stop and start to accelerate it .

Then, few hrs later when I started my car again, it worked fine .
However, the new tesla app is still not connecting my car when I tried to control it remotely using the app .

Any idea guys ?

Same problem here, but mine is little different story.
I updated to IOS 15 several days ago and I noticed my car doesnt recognize my new phone when I started my car this morning. Monitor indicated I have to place the key card on the charging slot to start my car, then yellow turtle light shows up and says reduced power exiting and re enter may restore operation” .
Because I was later for work, I just ignored and took off , then my car got really sluggish especially when I stop and start to accelerate it .

Then, few hrs later when I started my car again, it worked fine .
However, the new tesla app is still not connecting my car when I tried to control it remotely using the app .

Any idea guys ?
I had this same issue, worked fine then asked for the key card intermittently. Removed phone from the car and re-installed (under "locks"), problem solved. At least, hoping it STAYS solved but at least for now...