Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone dock cable replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

The iPhone (lightning) cable that came with the Tesla charging dock for my S isn’t working. The usb outlet still works as do other cables. Does anyone know where to buy a replacement cable? It seems wasteful and expensive to buy another charging dock just for the cable. It would need to be rather short with 2 90 degree connectors and also fit into the dock. Anyone else run into this scenario and know of a replacement?

Thanks!

JD

Unfortunately, those didn't work. The direction of the USB connection was wrong so the cable faced up rather than down. Additionally, the Lightning connection was too short and didn't make its way out of the carriage. The search continues...

Hello everyone,

The iPhone (lightning) cable that came with the Tesla charging dock for my S isn’t working. The usb outlet still works as do other cables. Does anyone know where to buy a replacement cable? It seems wasteful and expensive to buy another charging dock just for the cable. It would need to be rather short with 2 90 degree connectors and also fit into the dock. Anyone else run into this scenario and know of a replacement?

Thanks!

JD
JD, I am considering purchasing the Tesla Charging dock for my S but I am concerned on whether my iPhone XS Max with case on will have issue charging on the dock. I guess worse case scenario I could just take the case off. Would like to know which iPhone you currently have and do you have any issues charging it on the dock?

Thanks

JD, I am considering purchasing the Tesla Charging dock for my S but I am concerned on whether my iPhone XS Max with case on will have issue charging on the dock. I guess worse case scenario I could just take the case off. Would like to know which iPhone you currently have and do you have any issues charging it on the dock?

Thanks

I’ve seen a couple of 3rd party vendors that make alternative rails for the dock that can accommodate larger profile phones and cases.

Thanks
I have used an iPhone X and 11 with cases and haven't had any problems. I don't use the rails on the side and I find that the lightning connector is enough to prevent the phone from falling.