Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone does not activate seat adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our two iPhones are paired with our 2020 Model 3. When my wife approaches the car with her iPhone 11, the seat and steering wheel adjust to her memorized settings. When I alone approach the car with my iPhone 13, the seat and wheel do not adjust to my settings even though the doors unlock and I can operate the car. Is there something more that I need to do to get my phone to cause the seat and wheel to adjust to my settings?

You guys joke, but has anyone ever actually gotten this to work? My wife and I have the profiles assigned to our respective iPhone keys but the car has never acknowledged that fact, it always remains at the last used profile, even if that phone is miles away at the time of entry. Perhaps this feature only works with Android?
If it never works for you, then you didn’t set it up correctly. It doesn’t work 100% of the time for me, but it works most of the time (iPhone).

There are two separate but related settings. In Controls > Locks, you can associate each phone key (or card or fob) with a driver profile. In Bluetooth settings (in the car), you can make your phone the preferred device for the current profile.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
If it never works for you, then you didn’t set it up correctly. It doesn’t work 100% of the time for me, but it works most of the time (iPhone).

There are two separate but related settings. In Controls > Locks, you can associate each phone key (or card or fob) with a driver profile. In Bluetooth settings (in the car), you can make your phone the preferred device for the current profile.
You guys joke, but has anyone ever actually gotten this to work? My wife and I have the profiles assigned to our respective iPhone keys but the car has never acknowledged that fact, it always remains at the last used profile, even if that phone is miles away at the time of entry. Perhaps this feature only works with Android?
That's why I bought 2 Teslas...one for her and one for me! LOL

It seems to have a hard time knowing which phone to action from if both are near. Being "nearest"is not good enough. When my wife's phone is not near I have no problems. If her phone is near it picks her phone about half the time.

Reactions: focher and rpiotro
It seems to have a hard time knowing which phone to action from if both are near. Being "nearest"is not good enough. When my wife's phone is not near I have no problems. If her phone is near it picks her phone about half the time.
Here too. My wife has an iPhone 12 mini. I have a 13 Mini. Maybe hers has a better bluetooth? When the car is in the garage it almost always goes to her profile even though I have the phone in my pocket. Away from home, no problem.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
Here too. My wife has an iPhone 12 mini. I have a 13 Mini. Maybe hers has a better bluetooth? When the car is in the garage it almost always goes to her profile even though I have the phone in my pocket. Away from home, no problem.

For us, she has a Pixel 3 and I have a Pixel 3 XL. I believe the guts are all the same. Her phone can be on the other side of the house, five walls away, and the car still chooses her profile.

Her name alphabetizes ahead of mine. Any chance that has something to do with it?

For us, she has a Pixel 3 and I have a Pixel 3 XL. I believe the guts are all the same. Her phone can be on the other side of the house, five walls away, and the car still chooses her profile.

Her name alphabetizes ahead of mine. Any chance that has something to do with it?
Hmm. You got me thinking. Ramona V. Richard. I even designated mine as the default in the settings to no avail.

Maybe it just likes her more.........

Can't argue with that. She smells better than me AND she has boobs.

Hmm. You got me thinking. Ramona V. Richard. I even designated mine as the default in the settings to no avail.

The only default I've seen is selecting which phone is the default Bluetooth audio device. That is separate from using it as a key - I think ...

Reactions: PACEMD