Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone won’t Connect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my M3 about an hour ago but my phone won’t connect. The guy showing me how to use the car couldn’t figure it out either. He connected his phone no problem and my husband has an iPhone 6 and it connected too. But for some reason my iPhone XR won’t connect. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?thanks

You might try powering off the Iphone and then turning it back on. I have an IPhone 6, and I think sometimes one of the bluetooth low energy transceivers goes off but comes back on when I reboot the phone. I'm not sure that's your problem, because if I turn on the app and keep it active, which would not go through the BLE, my phone always works. Still rebooting either or both phones might make sense.

My iPhone quit unlocking car unless I launched app; wife’s identical phone worked. Phone indicated no Bluetooth connection. Tried turning off/on Bluetooth and deleting/recreating phone as key, nope. Discovered my phone listed twice as a key, fixed, nope. Went to Tesla upper right screen’s Bluetooth icon, unpaired and repaired my phone - yep.

My iPhone quit unlocking car unless I launched app; wife’s identical phone worked. Phone indicated no Bluetooth connection. Tried turning off/on Bluetooth and deleting/recreating phone as key, nope. Discovered my phone listed twice as a key, fixed, nope. Went to Tesla upper right screen’s Bluetooth icon, unpaired and repaired my phone - yep.

Now my wife’s phone won’t unlock door unless she launches the app. Did all the things done to fix my phone, nope. I suspect if I keep deleting/installing app and forgetting/pairing Bluetooth on both ends it will eventually work, but... frustrating. I imagine there’s an exact sequence that must be followed, but sure haven’t found it.

Now my wife’s phone won’t unlock door unless she launches the app. Did all the things done to fix my phone, nope. I suspect if I keep deleting/installing app and forgetting/pairing Bluetooth on both ends it will eventually work, but... frustrating. I imagine there’s an exact sequence that must be followed, but sure haven’t found it.

Well, the above procedure works IF you then wait ~30 minutes for “everything to catch up / settle down”. Wife’s phone works now.