Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is insane+ the new ludicrous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey hey! Just joined the Tesla family with a brand new Performance Model X. I did order ludicrous mode but the only options are Insane and Insane+

Are any others labeled as this or did they somehow forget to enable ludicrous mode on my car?

Thanks!

Are any others labeled as this or did they somehow forget to enable ludicrous mode on my car?

Unfortunately this. Should display Ludicrous and Ludicrous+. I'd contact the Service Center and see what they can do to get that resolved. Some people seem to get that done quickly, while some people seem to have their case drag on for ages. Hoping you're the former!

Unfortunately this. Should display Ludicrous and Ludicrous+. I'd contact the Service Center and see what they can do to get that resolved. Some people seem to get that done quickly, while some people seem to have their case drag on for ages. Hoping you're the former!

Thanks for the info. I’ll give them a ring. I know this may be out of the scope of the conversation but is it a hardware thing or just a software deal?

Software. There have been similar complaints over the past few weeks for both ludicrous and FSD not being activated despite being paid for. Tesla just has to click a checkbox somewhere in their computer and it will activate on your end. But as someone mentioned, it may take hours of phone calls or an actual visit to the service center to get it sorted out.

Software. There have been similar complaints over the past few weeks for both ludicrous and FSD not being activated despite being paid for. Tesla just has to click a checkbox somewhere in their computer and it will activate on your end. But as someone mentioned, it may take hours of phone calls or an actual visit to the service center to get it sorted out.
Well frig. Yeah, such a large oversight for a 20k feature.

I asked the guy showing me why it wasn’t ludicrous, he said wait till he got a sales guy as he would know the car better. The sales guy came over and confirmed that only “certain” models had ludicrous mode.

It felt like they were shoving me out.

• Informative
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Just to update anyone with a similar issue, I ended up just calling the delivery line again and talked to someone. I couldn’t get thru to anyone using the service line.

They said they forgot to engage ludicrous and about 2 hours later it was available on the car.

Quick, easy software fix. Thanks all!