Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is it possible to align the navigation red triangle car icon better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I'm coming up to a turn in a busy area it can be difficult to be exactly sure of where I'm located relative to side streets on the navigation system because the red triangle icon that designates where you car is on the screen does not align correctly with the side streets. That is, when you are exactly in the center of an intersection the tip of the red triangle is already through the intersection, so Tesla must be using the center of the red triangle as your true location, instead of the tip of the triangle. Is there any fix for this?

When I'm coming up to a turn in a busy area it can be difficult to be exactly sure of where I'm located relative to side streets on the navigation system because the red triangle icon that designates where you car is on the screen does not align correctly with the side streets. That is, when you are exactly in the center of an intersection the tip of the red triangle is already through the intersection, so Tesla must be using the center of the red triangle as your true location, instead of the tip of the triangle. Is there any fix for this?
Not by us. Increase size of map to get a more accurate visual representation.

This is one reason why I leave the voice prompts on while navigating to and in an unfamiliar area. It's been pretty consistent on telling me when to turn after it says "In 500 feet, turn (left or right or etc.) onto Anyname Street, etc..." followed by "Now turn etc..." once the actual point to turn is reached. The Nav also has a running countdown of distance to the turn, which I will glance at as I approach the turning point.