Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a used 2018 Model 3 Performance.
It has 19k miles.
Red exterior with white interior.

The price is $49,600.

I don't know yet what AP version (AP, EAP, FSD) it has yet but I am going to find out tomorrow.

Would it be worth $49k if it was just AP?
What would you do?
Buy or pass?

that does not appear to be enough of a discount relative to new for a car with 19k miles to me.

EDIT: Just checking, a brand new, white Model 3 performance comes in at 55,900, and thats with the performance pack upgrade. No way in !@#%$!@#%$ I think a used one with 19k miles is worth only 7k less than a brand new one, considering that a new one has a 1750 tax credit, and any other local credits you might qualify for.

Last edited:
The only thing I think would make a difference is if it had full self-driving enabled.
Agree or disagree?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wouldnt make a difference to me, as I would rather have a new car without FSD than one thats a year old with 19k miles on it, with FSD. I say this as a person who has FSD on my car.. I purchased it with enhanced autopilot, and then added FSD during the 2k firesale, so I have paid 7k for FSD features.

I still value the new car more than getting a used one with FSD for that price.

I contemplated getting a used performance but decided to order the exact one I wanted....now its the waiting game .
I dont think that is a good deal for that price . id also be surprised if it had fsd for that price but still wouldnt go for it.