Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is MCU1 stuck at NA-180906-1605 navigation maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite possibly a related issue: after the 24.4 update, but ONLY after a couple of days after the 24.4 update, my TeslaCam videos started showing up as all or almost all unreadable/invalid format. All along for the last few months I would get a few videos unreadable but really not many, and all of a sudden it was pretty much all recorded vides. And I have been getting the “USB Drive Too Slow” message now and then. There is another thread here discussing that problem.

I just checked the videos from last night, since the navigation map update was completed, and now almost all of the videos recorded are readable, a huge improvement. It COULD be that the extra bandwidth to download the maps, perhaps taking considerable time, was interfering with the bandwidth available to record USB videos.

Has anyone had the experience of of the Nav software saying "up to date" but the system refuses to initialize? I had some trouble downloading the the most recent software until I moved the car to an area outside the garage with a stronger wifi connection. After the update completed, the system said "initializing" and then displayed a "service required" message when I tried to use Nav. Tesla service is now telling me that the Nav SD card is corrupted. For $315 they will replace the card but not guarantee that will fix the problem. The next solution would be to replace the MCU at $1900. I have no other problems with the MCU that I know of. 2013 Model S, 55,000 miles, original owner.