Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Tesla Model Y air vent installed correctly? View from driver side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla community, I just noticed something weird about the air vent on my Model Y from the driver's seat. The left side looks seamless with the trim, but the right side has a noticeable gap. I took a photo to show what I mean. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'd appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!
3E37AAFC-2B31-4ECC-901D-D91F8E03B77A.png

Schedule service, attach a picture to the service request, and let the service center tell you. To me, this looks like it's not clipped in properly. Now that you've seen it, you can't unsee it. The question you have to wrestle with is will the service center make something else worse (highly likely given my experience) if they take apart your dash to fix it.

Reactions: kelkel
Upvote 0
Schedule service, attach a picture to the service request, and let the service center tell you. To me, this looks like it's not clipped in properly. Now that you've seen it, you can't unsee it. The question you have to wrestle with is will the service center make something else worse (highly likely given my experience) if they take apart your dash to fix it.
Thats exactly what I worry about, they might scratch my dashboard or whatever, I will leave it as it. As long as it work. Thanks for letting me know.

Upvote 0