Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the model 3 too common now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much does a 3M wrap cost including installation?

You don't need to wrap the WHOLE car to be unique. This was $300

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_815e.jpg

I also spent $500 on a clear bra recently

-Randy

Kind of a dumb question but anyway. The model 3 is absolutely everywhere here in Los Angeles. The garage at work is stuffed full of them. I still give a cheery wave, let them into traffic in front of me etc. but I have to admit I feel a little less "special".

THEY AREN'T COMMON ENOUGH!

More EVs! More Teslas!

MOAR MOAR MOAR!

I don't care if you feel special or not.

Need to come visit Texas then - here in Dallas surburbs sometimes a day go by where I don’t see any Teslas. Here it is land of huge trucks and SUVs.

I grew up in California (Bay Area)- every time we go visit my car-obsessed 9yo son is so excited to count how many Tesla’s there are...hehe

its getting more common here in Austin but not a lot in San Antonio.
People would stop and stare in San Antonio.
We’re road tripping from St. Louis suburbs (O’Fallon), where there are quite a few now. Austin we saw several, but here in San Antonio (Riverwalk Plaza, destination charger) we’re the only 3 we’ve seen and have been asked a lot about it. On to the beaches of Port A. :)

If everyone in the world drove a model 3, then the world would be so much better off. This is a car developed to speed the transition from ICE to EV. By definition there can never be too many Model 3's. It's the EV for the mass market. Appealing across segments is essential and is happening.

Reactions: Mr X
Up here in the Land of 10,000 Blizzards I probably only see 2-3 a week. Usually on my commute which makes sense because that's 90% of my driving. Maybe a few more recently.

I can remember seeing my first Tesla ever (Model S) about 3 years ago and the first Model 3 I saw was when I went for a test drive 3 months ago. Never seen a Model X in the wild. They are definitely getting more common but not nearly enough.

I say, the more the better. I want this company to survive and prosper and if that means my car doesn't seem special anymore then so be it!

THEY AREN'T COMMON ENOUGH!

More EVs! More Teslas!

MOAR MOAR MOAR!

I don't care if you feel special or not.
Exactly. More EV = less air pollution why is this a problem. We need to accelerate sustainable means of transportation for the good everyone’s lungs.

You wanna be unique. Buy a Ferrari.

Oh more EV equals less noise population equals me not waking up in the morning because some jack you know what has a super loud exhaust and I have my window open for the cool air!

Reactions: alseTrick
The whole point of the Model 3 was to be "too common." I put a few stickers on the back to personalize it.

I keep telling people, you are going to start seeing a lot more of these around, and even here on the east coast I am seeing more just about every week. That's a good thing, as more exposure shows others it's viable, and they get curious.

I see about 8 a day in my area now. It’s definitely not a unicorn now but I still get a “hey! Nice car” once a while.

Yeah I did get a "nice car" comment from some young 20-25 year olds in Hollywood Hills. There was some Hollywood Hills party I was trying to crash, but cops broke it up by the time I got there.

So I ran into a group of Gucci dressed kids and we talked for a little bit. And they said "nice white Tesla Model 3". It's kinda cool that Gucci people think Tesla is cool, it was kinda hard to considering to make my next car Tesla considering it doesn't have that same brand rich person recognition such as BMW or Mercedes, which I thought Gucci people would rather drive if they can't afford a Ferrari.

White Mercedes C-class are one of my favorite cars to look at when it comes to normal luxury cars, and I think Model 3 has that same chic look.

In our small mountain community west of Denver we'll see 1-3 every time we go out. There's even a twin to our blue M3 in our remote neighborhood. We all still acknowledge one another either with a wave, peace sign or the rural single-finger wave (index, not middle). I'm assuming most all are home-charging as supercharger support is non-existent in downtown Denver and points west until you get over the Continental Divide to Silverthorne. (However, I do note that a Supercharger location has been 'permitted' for Idaho Springs.)

Hardly any seen down in New Mexico last week. One M3 owner near Corrales practically crawled out of his driver-door window with a wave like he wanted to high-five as we passed. While supercharging in Santa Fe an Audi SUV pulled in head first which make me wonder if it was an eTron with some kind of adaptor. No, just a couple wanting to ask about how we liked our Tesla and that they were thinking of getting one.

Yeah I did get a "nice car" comment from some young 20-25 year olds in Hollywood Hills. There was some Hollywood Hills party I was trying to crash, but cops broke it up by the time I got there.

So I ran into a group of Gucci dressed kids and we talked for a little bit. And they said "nice white Tesla Model 3". It's kinda cool that Gucci people think Tesla is cool, it was kinda hard to considering to make my next car Tesla considering it doesn't have that same brand rich person recognition such as BMW or Mercedes, which I thought Gucci people would rather drive if they can't afford a Ferrari.

White Mercedes C-class are one of my favorite cars to look at when it comes to normal luxury cars, and I think Model 3 has that same chic look.

It makes sense Gucchis are very adaptive people since having to flee Guchtonia after the great pleather revolution in the 80s.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC