Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the model 3 too common now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electricity is already well taxed. Sure, they might add a road tax or whatnot but the real beauty of it is no tailpipe emissions. Your state would have to be pretty regressive to tax EV's enough to make them unattractive. Remember, the politicians are elected by the people. Talk to your friends, families and neighbors and vote for people trying to push our states forward, not backward.

According to the chart you posted, I would say gasoline is undertaxed relative to all the pollution, Mid-East strife, health impacts, oil spills, fracking pollution it causes, etc. I mean, where's the tax to support those who develop asthma or emphysema or the families of those who contract cancer and die young? This is not a theoretical reality, it's what's actually happening!

Reactions: Watts_Up
Yeah, but the $4.55 is only for the low octane stuff. I noticed the Premium and the Diesel is $4.799! If you put 20 gallons in your diesel truck, that's $96.00 right there! The Tesla pickup can't get here fast enough!

Tell me about it. My previous daily driver was an F150 Ecoboost, which I kept, but I sure don't miss filling up the 36 gallon tank. It was over $100 pretty much every fill up during the summer. I certainly don't miss doing that every 10 days or so.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Are people still buying new ICE cars? Then no, the Model 3 isn't too common. :p

Seriously, though - it's supposed to be a mass market car to drive serious adoption. If the rest of the market can't build cars to match, Tesla needs to step up for all of our sakes, and they have been.

It would be nice to have some new colors available!
The world is your oyster my friend!

04A97F0C-2F50-4CF3-9519-06C8A17C0EF3.jpeg

Reactions: StealthP3D
How much does a 3M wrap cost including installation?

Installation is all over the place - it varies a lot by region and sometimes between shops within the region depending on reputation. Some folks just put the wrap on the car, others take off bumpers and door handles and the like to get a better wrap.

The wrap itself is ~$500 depending on the wrap you want and size of car from a bulk place like Metrorestyling.

Metro Restyling - Leader in Color Change Wrap Vinyl

I think the lowest quote I've seen was about $1500, and I've seen them quote up to like $4k posted online. (Those installation quotes would include the wrap itself, of course.)

Installation is all over the place - it varies a lot by region and sometimes between shops within the region depending on reputation. Some folks just put the wrap on the car, others take off bumpers and door handles and the like to get a better wrap.

The wrap itself is ~$500 depending on the wrap you want and size of car from a bulk place like Metrorestyling.

Metro Restyling - Leader in Color Change Wrap Vinyl

I think the lowest quote I've seen was about $1500, and I've seen them quote up to like $4k posted online. (Those installation quotes would include the wrap itself, of course.)
I'd do it for $2k. Especially once there is a lot of damage to my paint.

Former BMW and Toyota owner. The car doesn't feel cheap at all. Doors are lighter but that's by design. There are still way more BMWs on the road than Teslas and nobody worries to themselves about buying one of those.
So things like rock chips will show through the wrap?
Anything that you can feel will probably show through a wrap IMO. They are very thin after all. That said, minor issues are probably buffed out before application anyway.