Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the model Y the most versatile Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past 2 years many people have said the upcoming model Y will eventually double the worldwide sales of the model 3 due to the Y being an SUV, after watching a number of videos of the recently delivered model Y I'm going to say it will outsell the m3 fourfold, the versatility of the model 3 is exceptional, the rear seating room looks excellent, plenty of underfloor storage, big cargo area, flat rear floor, no tailgate lip, triple split rear seats, I think Tesla have nailed it even better than the model 3.
Check out the first ten minutes of the linked video, it details the rear seats and cargo area.

I completely agree. I'm actually baffled why the Model 3 did not look like this. The lack of a hatch was (and still is) the main reason I eventually capitulated and got the Model S instead of waiting for the 3 (poor me, stuck with this rotten Model S :)),
I still think the S is the best looking car of the bunch, and will probably get the next significantly upgraded S, but the Y really is the most practical option for the price.

In the US maybe where SUVs are far more common.

Locally even the 3 and the Y are premium cars. And in what I would say are Tesla's biggest markets I'd say most families are more likely to have a sedan and a 4WD/XUV (or Toorak Tractor)

In the US maybe where SUVs are far more common.

Locally even the 3 and the Y are premium cars. And in what I would say are Tesla's biggest markets I'd say most families are more likely to have a sedan and a 4WD/XUV (or Toorak Tractor)
SUVs aren’t exactly rare in Australia. A few years ago I came back after living in Europe and was stunned at the number of SUVs on our roads.
The Y is more of a hatchback than an SUV too, I reckon it will sell like hot cakes.