Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a certain time that the calendar updates in the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my calendar during the day from my home computer or iPhone and it appears that the calendar will only update late at night for use in the morning. Anything I put on the calendar for the current day never makes it to the car calendar.
Is there a way to force an update to the car calendar?

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual - Phone and Calendar chapter is pretty vague on calendar sync stating "Using Calendar requires that the Tesla mobile app is running, you are logged in, and the mobile app's Calendar Sync setting is turned on. The mobile app can then periodically (and automatically) send calendar data from your phone to Model Y."

Did you try opening the Tesla app after updating the Calendar on the iPhone?

The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual - Phone and Calendar chapter is pretty vague on calendar sync stating "Using Calendar requires that the Tesla mobile app is running, you are logged in, and the mobile app's Calendar Sync setting is turned on. The mobile app can then periodically (and automatically) send calendar data from your phone to Model Y."
Funny thing is that the calendar app on my phone can be flaky about updating. I regularly get alerts for recently-deleted events.

I updated my calendar during the day from my home computer or iPhone and it appears that the calendar will only update late at night for use in the morning. Anything I put on the calendar for the current day never makes it to the car calendar.
Is there a way to force an update to the car calendar?
I have the same question. Is the Tesla app on my phone pushing calendar updates to the car, or does the Tesla calendar pull updates (from the Tesla phone app)? The sync seems to happen overnight, and changes made in the morning don't show up in the car.

I have the same question. Is the Tesla app on my phone pushing calendar updates to the car, or does the Tesla calendar pull updates (from the Tesla phone app)? The sync seems to happen overnight, and changes made in the morning don't show up in the car.
Neither. The app retrieves the calendar entries from your phone OS, sends it to Tesla's cloud infrastructure, then (I assume) during the night pushes the data down to the car.