Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to see which devices are requesting live location info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the latest software update I'm noticing the icon at the top right which shows when an app is requesting live tracking of my Model Y. I'm trying to figure out which of my associated devices is doing the tracking. I sat in the car and closed my iPhone's Tesla app so it's not that.

I purchased Tessie about a month ago and it may have been running on my Mac laptop but I turned that machine off and was still seeing the tracking icon in the car.

Tessie was also on my Apple watch so I uninstalled and even turned the watch off but still saw the tracking icon.

My wife had the Tesla app installed on her phone but she was removed as a driver after a software update, so that shouldn't be it.

Is it possible that Tessie is communicating with the car even though I'm not actually running Tessie on any of my devices? This is the only thing I can think of at this point.

If not that, is there a way to see which devices are requesting live location info from the car?

Is it possible that Tessie is communicating with the car even though I'm not actually running Tessie on any of my devices? This is the only thing I can think of at this point.

Yes, thats possible. Turning off the device isnt doing much of anything for any of these services people log into. You need to invalidate the token, by changing your Tesla account password to test if its your third party app.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I went to the Tessie site, into my account, and disabled tracking. I’m hoping this will stop the tracking.

It’s not that I have an issue with tracking, I just want to know *what* is doing the tracking. If it turns out to be Tessie in the background that’s fine and I’ll turn it back on.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Looking forward to your update on the experiment.

In our case, we figure it must be Teslafi. They are the only other company with our account access. Our adult daughter used to have the app on her phone (to track me when I was on long solo road trips) but I lost phone access at some point, ended up changing passwords (plus removing and reinstalling the app) and going through hell to get my phone connected once more and in the process got her locked out and have never spent the time and hell to reconnect her. Her phone wasn't set up as a bluetooth phone key (she has a key card for that) but she did have full app access to the car, including accidentally opening the frunk once while I was miles away from the car. Thankfully it wasn't raining.