Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a part from my Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installing a new trunk strut, and a general thorough cleaning (taking everything out of the car and trunk in the process), I found this on the floor behind the vehicle. Do you recognize it?
IMG_4138.JPG
IMG_4140.JPG
IMG_4139.JPG

Size?

Perhaps one of the bumpers for the trunk lid? It seems to have been under some sideways stress. But way too clean for a 7 year old car... Did it come with the struts?

The threaded hole is about 1/4". Yeah, I thought maybe something related to the trunk lid but couldn't find either where it would go, or where the other one was (assuming there'd be one on each side). Didn't come with the struts, and yes since it has had some stress I assumed it was from my car. I guess I keep it pretty clean.

That’s a rubber well nut after it’s been compressed. Basically used to create a threaded fastening point while acting as a compression grommet sealing a hole in sheet metal.

Rubber Well / RAWL Nuts

I’m guessing it may have been located below the trunk liner for one of the bottom bolts to screw into. Over time, it probably worked it’s way loose; esp. if the bolt was misaligned and cross threaded a bit acting to push it through instead of cinching things down.

• Informative
Reactions: Nvbob and dhrivnak