Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this acceptable for a stealth wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a hellavu "deal" getting my car PPF'd and ceramic coated, but I'm wondering if I got exactly what I paid for. Visible lines on the trunk of the car. Gap on the fender cams. Is this normal? Or does my guy not know what he's doing and taking short cuts?
1000000575.jpg
1000000576.jpg
1000000577.jpg
1000000578.jpg

I can see why the installation bothers you. Honestly, it was poorly installed on the truck. There should be no visible lines and, most professional installers remove trim pieces. If they did use a cutter around the emblem or the spoiler, it should have been better. Nevertheless, the car looks amazing!

I can see why the installation bothers you. Honestly, it was poorly installed on the truck. There should be no visible lines and, most professional installers remove trim pieces. If they did use a cutter around the emblem or the spoiler, it should have been better. Nevertheless, the car looks amazing!
I knew in advance he wouldn't be removing trim pieces like fenders, spoiler, and repeater camera. Those areas I can live with, but the two piece install on the trunk will bug me too much, and will probably trap dirt over time. I think ill stop at another shop and see if they're willing to fix it. Thanks for your reply!

I got a hellavu "deal" getting my car PPF'd and ceramic coated, but I'm wondering if I got exactly what I paid for. Visible lines on the trunk of the car. Gap on the fender cams. Is this normal? Or does my guy not know what he's doing and taking short cuts?
You answered your own question:
I knew in advance he wouldn't be removing trim pieces like fenders, spoiler, and repeater camera. Those areas I can live with, but the two piece install on the trunk will bug me too much, and will probably trap dirt over time. I think ill stop at another shop and see if they're willing to fix it. Thanks for your reply!
Those are the kind of results you get when you don't have trim pieces removed. Saves a bunch of money, but doesn't look as nice if you look up close.

Reactions: WyoDude
You answered your own question:

Those are the kind of results you get when you don't have trim pieces removed. Saves a bunch of money, but doesn't look as nice if you look up close.
Well said, but i did question extensively about tucked and exposed edges and he assured me he makes every effort to "tuck where available". Never once mentioned an exposed seam across a panel. That would have been a non starter for me.

I don’t think there’s any way to wrap the trunk in one piece. Especially with a spoiler on.
If there was no spoiler, it's possible by using bulk PPF and cutting. But it's a huge waste of material given the whole glass area of the trunk has to be cut out (although the shop perhaps can use that for other smaller pieces).

But most shops use precut and it would typically have a seam.

Reactions: E90alex