Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is this guy on this forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
something is off about elon in general.

The comments in the introduction, end, and title are definitely anti-Elon Musk.

I guess he wants to prove that Elon Musk "lies" because while the mission statement is "sustainability" but the included clip from Motherboard "The Rogue Tesla Mechanic Resurrecting Salvaged Cars" shows that Tesla does not sell ANY part (such as lug nut covers) for anyone fixing a salvaged car.

Tesla went too far when it first also refused to sell an airbag which is under recall but then Tesla later succumbed to public pressure and reversed that airbag ban decision.

The salvaged car mechanic Rich Rebuilds himself seems to be very pro-Tesla and wants Tesla to succeed. He wishes that Tesla would support the effort of fixing salvaged titles.

I think I can relate to that point about the need for recyclability and independent do-it-yourself mechanics.

I think Tesla should support this effort.

Tesla is currently unable to verbalize why it should not: It claims it does not sell parts for salvaged car owners because of the nature of public safety with "salvaged" title.

If it wants an unsafe salvaged title off the road, then it is even more important to work with these independent salvaged mechanics so they can become safe for the public!

Let's work together rather than refusing to sell parts!

I agree with you. Teslas control over the car-parts ect is pretty over bearing but I guess its the nature of the model in general. Its so connected to the screen/cpu for everything that i can see how the mothership needs control on the products. But I also think they should allow people to get any part if they need it for safety or to get the car running.

The whole service center model is really weak.Call for and issue and you are on hold for a while- then try to get transfered to the SC and noone picks up the phone. One day called for a noise and was routed to sc and on hold. decided to drive there and they took care of me while my phone was still on hold and being connected to the sc.LOL.

We dont bother calling now we just drive there if we want help(its rather close for us). Another day we drove there for another issue and they said they wefre transfering us to the sc and it rang and rang-we drove there while ringing and got helped but it was still ringing when there and there were like 8 people on staff in the office and showroom of the SC. WTF???? noone picked up!!!!!
Just drive there for help is what we have learned.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
what i meant is every time he speaks its like he doesnt have a clue or is being coached(via inner ear devices maybe
?) The pauses he does when answering leads me to suspect this. In general he just doesnt come off as tech/bright enough to be running this company or being the face of it.= puppet?? Just because he has $$$ doesnt mean he is smart enough to make it -keep it going.
These are just some observations

• Funny
Reactions: kelly

what i meant is every time he speaks its like he doesnt have a clue or is being coached(via inner ear devices maybe
?) The pauses he does when answering leads me to suspect this. In general he just doesnt come off as tech/bright enough to be running this company or being the face of it.= puppet?? Just because he has $$$ doesnt mean he is smart enough to make it -keep it going.
These are just some observations

I think you’re right. Elon is being ‘coached’ by ‘the others’ but not via inner ear devices. It’s clear he has a neuralink implant (made from unobtanium) with the receiver concealed in his ear. Note how he gets uncomfortable onstage but only when when the moon is waxing gibbous (go search for the space conf speech if you don’t believe me). This has to do with where the station is located.

The others are controlling all of us via Elon. It was very brave if you to come forward, not to mention astute.

Who are the others? AI? The ppl over the 100000th century? Martians? Martians from the past?

I don’t know, but it is clear that Elon is, as you say, not normal.

In summary , um, lost my train of thought...

To really hate on something means you have to love something. I remember a couple years ago saying "Tesla builds the most sustainable, and the least sustainable cars on the road".

Tesla is very much a love/hate relationship.

One the one hand I love that there is the Tesla option, and for all sense and purpose Tesla blew the market open for EV's. Up until Tesla we didn't have a realistic BEV solution, and one wasn't on the horizon. In fact it took Tesla plus the whole diesel gate thing to get us to where we will be in a couple years. We're not there yet because VW hasn't gotten far enough with their supercharging like network.

That's great, but there is a dark side to everything going on.

We're transitioning from cars mostly being mechanical in nature with some level of computerization to essentially electronics+software that lives inside a shell.

Tesla seems to be vertically integrating. It's not just the sales/service, but it's soon going to the repair as well. Insurance is also increasingly within the Tesla fold. Now that free supercharging is going away (for new owners) the energy aspect is going to play a bigger role.

Then we have the autonomous driving computer itself. You'd think this would simply get outsourced, but even this is going to be of a Tesla owned design.

When it all adds up does it even make sense for Tesla to actually sell vehicles? Or is it better for them to go the cars as a service route?

They don't offer it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised because it solves a lot of problems.

Now I don't know if that model is the right one for me. Would it really be any different with a Porsche Taycan? I'm not sure as again the manufacture holds so much control over modern vehicles. Part of my love for my Jeep is that I owe it, and I can repair it.