Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I clicked on my account to accept delivery and was given a VIN number after providing insurance info and payment setup. They provided a delivery window and took full payment. Then nothing. I stopped by the local Tesla dealer and they said the car was given to someone else and I was back in line for a Model Y - it would probably take a few weeks. Is this normal? Thx.

I clicked on my account to accept delivery and was given a VIN number after providing insurance info and payment setup. They provided a delivery window and took full payment. Then nothing. I stopped by the local Tesla dealer and they said the car was given to someone else and I was back in line for a Model Y - it would probably take a few weeks. Is this normal? Thx.
I had something similar happen... I originally got a VIN... Then nothing... VIN disappeared a few days later... Coincidentally, I saw someone posted about their delivery, and their VIN was only single digits off from mine, and they were half way across the country.... I got a new VIN about 2 weeks later, and was finally able to take delivery at the end of June. I figured my original VIN was part of a batch that was redirected to a different region of the country...