Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this panel gap within spec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up a Model S LR yesterday. The overall condition is pretty good. The only thing I noticed is that the driver side door doesn’t sit completely flush with the rear driver side door. The front is slightly higher which kinda makes it look like the front door isn’t shut properly. See pictures. Also included one from the other side for comparison.
It isn’t that bad tbh so I’m not sure if it’s worth it to bring it up with Tesla. They’ll probably just tell me it’s “within spec”. I’m pretty happy with the car otherwise. It’s my first Tesla so I’m not sure what’s considered normal. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2801.jpeg
    IMG_2801.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 54
Just picked up a Model S LR yesterday. The overall condition is pretty good. The only thing I noticed is that the driver side door doesn’t sit completely flush with the rear driver side door. The front is slightly higher which kinda makes it look like the front door isn’t shut properly. See pictures. Also included one from the other side for comparison.
It isn’t that bad tbh so I’m not sure if it’s worth it to bring it up with Tesla. They’ll probably just tell me it’s “within spec”. I’m pretty happy with the car otherwise. It’s my first Tesla so I’m not sure what’s considered normal. Let me know what you guys think.
I see it . . . just a tad off. I would see what the service center thinks, if they think it can be adjusted. Can't hurt to ask and it should be an easy adjustment if the answer is yes.

It turns out that it’s just the door latch that needed some adjustment. It was a 5-min fix and it’s perfect now. See before and after pics for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    592.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg