Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We park our car in the garage behind our house (the alley behind our house vs the street.)

Is it possible to set my back drive way (or garage) as a pin and save that pin as home, so the FSD can navigate there when coming home instead of the front of our house?

We park our car in the garage behind our house (the alley behind our house vs the street.)

Is it possible to set my back drive way (or garage) as a pin and save that pin as home, so the FSD can navigate there when coming home instead of the front of our house?
Delete your home from the Navigation menu. Park the car where you want home to be then save that location as home.

Reactions: Jane4
Does the navigation see the alley as a roadway? If not, it won’t matter if you can set a pin or not, it will always route to the street in front.

Edit: pretty embarrassing for me, but I’ve yet to even be able to save any favorites. Though I can put pins, don’t know how to save them. Guess I just need more time to play with it.

That being said… why do you need to have it route to your garage anyway? You live there, you should already route yourself out of pure habit without relying on navigation.

I don't think that works. It just saves the address of our house, which takes you you the front of the house instead id the garage.
Have you tried it? If this were true then automatic garage opening, for example, would occur when on the street instead of when reaching the garage. Lot of posts on issues like this and the solution is as I have described. Give it a shot as you have nothing to lose.

Have you tried it? If this were true then automatic garage opening, for example, would occur when on the street instead of when reaching the garage. Lot of posts on issues like this and the solution is as I have described. Give it a shot as you have nothing to lose.
I don’t think that’s right. The HomeLink and auto mirror fold features use actual GPS location, but last time I tried, setting the Home location required an address.

I don’t think that’s right. The HomeLink and auto mirror fold features use actual GPS location, but last time I tried, setting the Home location required an address.

I set my door to open when within 20’, so it will not open on the street. I set my “home” location when my car was in the garage. Perhaps the “nav” function only goes to a street address, which makes sense since FSD is used for driving on streets. In any case, I would never let my car drive itself down an alley, but that’s just me.

Depending on the setting the garage door will open if you are in front of your house, the myQ system uses distance to open the garage door.