Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this side mirror OEM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I hit the garage door and wrecked the side mirror on the passenger side. My insurance company brought the car to their repair partner.

When I got the car back the side mirror looks shorter than I recall it, however I don’t have a before-photo to compare with and the repair shop claims it is OEM.

There is a visible gap on the right side where I can see into the side mirror housing. And I can even fit the of my finger into the gap.

It is definitely different than the side mirror on the driver side, however I’m aware that it’s common that they are different eg the passenger side mirror is often more magnifying etc. but the gap on the right side just looks to big to me.

To anybody that still have their original M3 passenger side mirror, does it look the same as this? Can you fit a finger into the gap?

I can almost see some of the wiring behind it so other than the esthetics and not wanting non-OEM parts I’m worrying that more water can come inside during heavy rainfall or car wash, would that be a legit concern you think? I guess the wiring in those more external parts of the car is somewhat water resistant but still.

9ED9F0F4-213E-4A4A-8369-291C68F24891.jpeg

745A044E-01CB-4D88-9FB9-9429EBC2914D.jpeg

Appears to be OEM but not for your car.

Perhaps its:

-for an APAC Model Y
-for an AMER Model 3/Y
-something else

Aftermarket convex and/or blue/yellow/clear tint mirrors have better fit than this so something is definetly off.