Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is This What LFP Miscalibration Looks Like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took this screenshot at 11:17 AM. Although charging is usually complete well before the scheduled departure time, in this case, it was 39 minutes late (it actually finished at 11:24).

Tessie (see sig) hasn't been charged above 70% for months. I wonder whether the completion prediction was off because of that. It started charging at 69%, but perhaps the true SOC was lower.

I took this screenshot at 11:17 AM. Although charging is usually complete well before the scheduled departure time, in this case, it was 39 minutes late (it actually finished at 11:24).

Tessie (see sig) hasn't been charged above 70% for months. I wonder whether the completion prediction was off because of that. It started charging at 69%, but perhaps the true SOC was lower.
if you're using a ~7kw charger and you charged to 100% it might have done a calibration, which will extend the nominal charging time.

I don't see any photos attached to your post, above.

Very normal for the a car to sit at 99 or 100% balancing cells for 10, 20, or even 30+ minutes, especially if you haven't charged to 100% in a long time (your owners manual suggests you should charge to 100% at least once a week).

Here's the screenshot:

1000000958.png

According to the screenshot the charging session added +33 kWh, which would be 55% SOC added (of a 60 kWh pack). Therefore it does appear that the true SOC was lower than 69%.
Good info, thanks, Mon.

Sounds like this is a good indication how "off" the BMS can be. IOW, after never being charged to 100% for months, it said the SOC was 69%, but it was really 45%.

I'll charge to 100% a little more often--maybe once a month.