Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with how to control climate in the Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that after the last android (and maybe iphone) app update the climate section has changed. I noticed that I can no longer control the blower lever on the app. I can control the on/off, the temperature, the heated seats and steering wheel even the defrost but not the blower intensity. Just so I'm not confusing anyone, its the 1-11 control like you have when you're in the car. I used to be able to control that, it seems that I can't anymore. Am I wrong?

It's probably using auto mode, where the fan level depends on the temperature. This is how most cars work, where the fan comes on and off as needed to maintain the temperature. Usually, only really old cars don't have a thermostat and need to be manually controlled, although most have manual controls (including the Tesla when inside the car).

It's probably using auto mode, where the fan level depends on the temperature. This is how most cars work, where the fan comes on and off as needed to maintain the temperature. Usually, only really old cars don't have a thermostat and need to be manually controlled, although most have manual controls (including the Tesla when inside the car).

Auto mode is not enabled.

It used to be that you could control the blower level. Now it just defaults to whatever level you used when you were last in the car. So it will take FOREVER for the car to reach the temp you set it at. Or even if you have it on "HI"