Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[issues with] Coilovers for the Model 3 [after install]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a question for the community. I just got the coilover suspension kit for my M3 from UP and had them install. After they adjusted it to 1.5" drop, overall, it feels more sporty with less body roll. However, I'm noticing that when i drive over small bumps or imperfections on the road such as manholes that are not completely aligned with the road, I get a loud hard hit on the front struts; and this is just going at 25-30 MPH.

Can anyone please provide a solution for this since I cannot seem to get a good answer from UP. They tell me its my struts hitting the bump stop. But why is this happening at such low MPH?

Hey man I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with your new suspension. I can't offer you any advice on how to fix what you have...

BUT if UP is going to be unresponsive/unhelpful I would consider returning the parts and switching to MPP.

After months of research and debate with myself, I decided on MPP over UP because of experiences exactly like your (and that MPP seemed to be a slightly higher quality product). Couldn't be happier.

Hope you can get your issue resolved quickly 👍