Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raceland Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I want to start off by stating that I am not sponsored by Raceland Coilovers. I have been scouting for lowering springs for a while but due to owning the Model 3 RWD with the LFP battery the only company that proved fitment was Eibach. So I started searching coilovers and I constantly seen MPP, KW, Tein and a few others. But then in January I came across a few instagram posts of Raceland coilovers for our Tesla and I have to admit I was a bit hesitant till a enthusiast friend of mine told me he ran them on his 335i with no issues. So given his experience I pulled the trigger on them and for a little over $550 which is not much for a full set of coilovers. When they came in they were packaged nicely and upon observing the welds they were great. The front set were powdercoated red springs with gloss back body and came with their own set of nuts. The rears are powdercoated red springs and a matte black body and the oem shock mount bolts have to be reused. These are meant to be plug and play with no need of transferring your oem top hats over or shock mounts. Install took me about three hours in total for all four sides and it was way easier than my previous BMW m5. I would not that the rear rubber spring isolators fit nicely with no modification too. I am in love from how these handle after install, I went over bumps and they were not bouncy at all and the car feels nicely planted to the road. I would compare it to handle like the MPP coilover set that a buddy of mine installed in his model3. I took it out to an open parking lot and with the wheel fully turned there was minimal body roll. I do not plan on tracking my Tesla at all and this purchase was intended to eliminate the wheel gap and improve handling which I am glad it did! I will wait another week or so when I get my new wheels installed and for the coilovers to settle to get an alignment. As an enthusiast I have noticed there are products that are not highly talked about due to other competitors that completely flood these forums with brand ambassadors recommending products that they get a commission on. I am still a believer that there are great low cost products for our vehicles without the middleman markup! I included a few pictures of the Raceland coilovers before installing and afterwards to point out how they look and the quality of them. Let the comments begin :)

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    754.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2061.jpeg
    IMG_2061.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2063.jpeg
    IMG_2063.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    851.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    974.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2075.jpeg
    IMG_2075.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Blue Eye
Not trying to through any shade at Racelands, but we have all been there at one point growing up when we could barely afford car parts but want to lower our cars. Definitely affordable as they are sub 500 dollar coilovers but they will not last. Base Racelands and even their Ultimo line are extremely soft.

My recommendation with these is, buy at your own risk but also start saving for replacements.

Not trying to through any shade at Racelands, but we have all been there at one point growing up when we could barely afford car parts but want to lower our cars. Definitely affordable as they are sub 500 dollar coilovers but they will not last. Base Racelands and even their Ultimo line are extremely soft.

My recommendation with these is, buy at your own risk but also start saving for replacements.
I understand your point of view, I have been modifying my cars for a fair amount of time, 15+ years. They are very affordable and for longevity I am glad that Raceland offers a lifetime warranty on their coilovers 😁

Reactions: Lance From Jax
Update! Drive the model 3 all week and they settled quite a bit. Had to adjust the fronts about 3/4” so I dont scrape over bumps. I plan on installing a set of 20” staggered wheels this week. Evannex is having a sale on rotary forged wheels for $700 to $800 a set so I had to pick them up.

Reactions: phattbam and EASpot