Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Gateway issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Silent Ludicrosy

Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2018
Phoenix
I just got PTO for my system (solar, 3x inverters, 4x powerwalls) and I’m having some weird issues
- I have 4x powerwalls but the app intermittently shows only 3x
- When the app is showing 3x powerwalls the home’s energy consumption can be wildly off
- In the app, under settings>wifi there is a network name that is not the one I paired it to, but also appears to not exist when checking my other devices.
- The gateway and 3x inverters do appear connected to WiFi on my router’s device list
- I’m unable to pair my phone for “off grid”. It paired easily prior to PTO
- I’ve tried gateway reset button and long power cycle to all breakers & main several times
- I’ve tried logging out of the app/ reinstalling multiple times
- other than the app issues, it appears to be making plenty of electricity and powers the house when the main breaker is shut off
Any ideas on how to fix? How do I even get ahold of customer service?

IMG_7457.jpeg
Am I supposed to have a “get help” or “schedule service” button?

Tesla energy support phone number = 877-961-7652. Call them (actual physical phone call at the number here) and select powerwall support.

If you have PTO, this is the Tier 1 help desk that supports powerwalls. Tesla wants to push everything to the app because its easier (for them). A phone call to a help desk requires a 1:1 contact with a human being, even if that human being doesnt have all the answers.

Each form of "easier" support contact than a phone call allows 1 person to "help" more people, meaning they are not paying as much attention to YOU. If you contact a company by chat, that agent can usually help 3-4 or even 5-6 people at once.

If you contact by email whatever group that responds might be responding to hundreds of emails that go into a huge queue.

Until Tesla removes the ability to make a phone call to get powerwall support, anyone with PTO should call, even though if you need service they will likely push you to the app.

Am I supposed to have a “get help” or “schedule service” button?

My app has a get help button on that screen, that then wants to walk you through a wizard to create a support ticket.

Tesla energy support phone number = 877-961-7652. Call them (actual physical phone call at the number here) and select powerwall support.

If you have PTO, this is the Tier 1 help desk that supports powerwalls. Tesla wants to push everything to the app because its easier (for them). A phone call to a help desk requires a 1:1 contact with a human being, even if that human being doesnt have all the answers.

Each form of "easier" support contact than a phone call allows 1 person to "help" more people, meaning they are not paying as much attention to YOU. If you contact a company by chat, that agent can usually help 3-4 or even 5-6 people at once.

If you contact by email whatever group that responds might be responding to hundreds of emails that go into a huge queue.

Until Tesla removes the ability to make a phone call to get powerwall support, anyone with PTO should call, even though if you need service they will likely push you to the app.

My app has a get help button on that screen, that then wants to walk you through a wizard to create a support ticket.
Thank you. I would definitely use the “get help” button, don’t know why it’s not showing up.

BTW my WiFi and phone pairing issue resolved itself on its own, but my 4th powerwall still disappears.