Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tanks a lot for the update!
This SuC may get some additional press attention because of the number of stalls, and the Solar/Hydro energy source, looks very good.

Given that this post on Facebook is from April 5th, they are probably a lot more complete today :) so it looks very promising for my trip on May 22nd. I will need to do a 100% charge to reach the coast via Turin Airport.

At Turin Airport I've made an appointment with the Parking Management and they will let me use their Blue CEE (Single phase, 32A) plug to allow me to top up for 2 hours while I'm waiting there. Very friendly people there, willing to help a Tesla in charging need.. :)

Hi all,

planning to do a roadtrip from Belgium to Italy in June but not really familiair with the charging infrastructure in Italy.

To Bologna it's fine but no more superchargers down south.

Ideally we would be able to do a full charge in Firenze and one in or around Gubbio.

Anyone who can recommend me some charging stations? Preferably one where we can drop the car for a semi or whole day and go visit the city.

Thanks !

From the heart:

Could someone in Italy offer help to fellow Tesla owners from abroad to get hold of a Hera/Enel charge card :crying:

Honestly, I would be happy to pay even a reasonable fee for such help, or do a great favor in return...?

Anyone?

@pvandamcom: more info and updates on this SC in this thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...arger-Valle-d-Aosta-(largest-SC-site-to-date)
I think you can write to Tesla to be sure it will open before May 22nd.
Tourist info. When you'll drive on the highway from Aosta to Turin you'll see a castle (Forte di Bard). It's the one you might have seen in "The Avenger Age of Ultron". :) They filmed some scene in Valle d'Aosta last year.

@Keezje: I PM you, maybe I can help.

From the heart:

Could someone in Italy offer help to fellow Tesla owners from abroad to get hold of a Hera/Enel charge card :crying:

Honestly, I would be happy to pay even a reasonable fee for such help, or do a great favor in return...?

Anyone?

At the moment for the Enel charge card you have to sign a contract and provide you bank account, credit cards are not available yet. The charging cost is 0.4€ for kWh at any time.
As alternative you can charge at IKEA stores for free but of course the number of charge points are less than Enel/Hera.

In any case I am available to share my Enel card during your holidays in Italy!
Michele

Any news on Savona Supercharger? I am planning to drive from Finland to French Riviera, via Germany, Austria, Italy (Como and/or Garda lakes region) and then to France.
Distance between Dorno and Fréjus in France looks scary :) (anyone driven between these two, is it possible?)

Hi all
It's my first post in this interesting forum.
I ordered my tesla 70D last month; delivery end of July.
Happy to share with you my Tesla's experiences from Bologna (Italy)
Benvenuto Pepe! Complimenti per l'acquisto!:smile:
Facci sapere come va. Anche qualche bel video non farebbe male.:biggrin: Praticamente non ce n'è in Italiano e la gente è poco informata sulla Tesla, la sua autonomia, la ricarica a casa...
Batti un colpo se passi a ricaricare al Supercharger di Aosta.

I have one, when I do not need it, you can use it.

Great Paul (late response, due to vacation, and for a change I did NOT look at any tmc pages :rolleyes:). Meanwhile working on getting Tesla involved in more sustainable and generally available solutions, but I will certainly check with you when nothing can be arrange before mid July. Much appreciated!

We will be travelling from Budapest, Hungary to Toscana in July. I am still debating if I should enter Italy from Villach, Austria or from Ljubjana, Slovenia. Either way, reaching the Verona SuC is ~350km, which is a bit out of my comfort zone. I see there is a charger at an IKEA in Padova. I also see there is an IKEA in Firenze that might be useful during our trip. I am getting conflicting info on chargers at IKEA's. Do I need a card to charge? Can I charge 24/7 or only during business hours?

Also, similarly to dlt's question, would you guys know a hotel in Toscana (preferably in the San Gimignano area) that allows EV charging during our stay?

BTW, I do not own a ChaDeMo adapter, but plan to bring my Type 2 cable and my mobile connector.

Thank you!

Last edited:
We've been in Italy last summer and will go again next month. I charged at IKEA Milano and tried to charge at IKEA Ancona. At Milano I could just plug in (Type 2) and charge (even outside store opening hours). Ancona did not work. One can not trust the information in the IKEA website. Overall it's free at IKEA - sometimes you need to obtain a card at the customer service desk).

However, there are alternative opportunities..

chademo.com (but of course you need a adapter)
Hera card (you still might to obtain a charge card, might be too late) - very good alternative - depending on where you go
see also chargemap.com - you probably now that..

We will be travelling from Budapest, Hungary to Toscana in July. I am still debating if I should enter Italy from Villach, Austria or from Ljubjana, Slovenia. Either way, reaching the Verona SuC is ~350km, which is a bit out of my comfort zone. I see there is a charger at an IKEA in Padova. I also see there is an IKEA in Firenze that might be useful during our trip. I am getting conflicting info on chargers at IKEA's. Do I need a card to charge? Can I charge 24/7 or only during business hours?

Also, similarly to dlt's question, would you guys know a hotel in Toscana (preferably in the San Gimignano area) that allows EV charging during our stay?

BTW, I do not own a ChaDeMo adapter, but plan to bring my Type 2 cable and my mobile connector.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Or NOW in Arezzo :)

(near FIRENZE and SIENA, in the center of Italy... )

Arezzo Supercharger

• Localita' Battifolle Arezzo, 52100
  • Driving Directions
    • Roadside Assistance800 122 709
    • Local069 480 1252
  • Charging
    4 Supercharger stalls, available 24/7

• WiFi
    Arezzo Park Hotel

Restrooms
    Arezzo Park Hotel (-1 floor)

Restaurants