Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Time to Build Your Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was poking around the design studio the other day and even pushed the "BUY" button for a nicely optioned roadster. Just to get some Euro prices and doing an estimate of current USD to Euro price relations. Tesla contacted me via email, they noticed the activity and asked how they could help. Wow!
That's kind of impressive. If they noticed it without you clicking "BUY", it would be a little scary. Like the salesman who ambles up behind you while you're browsing and just happens to know your favorite interior color from when you browsed a year before.

I'm a Used Roadster owner, but was under the impression when I placed my reservation that I was treated as a Roadster owner other than no discount. I'm S#105, so I wonder how the reservation numbers are going to proceed from here out.

E-mail for #182 received at 9:18 am; quote & agreement signed, sealed & delivered by 12:21pm today!
Vehicle to Be Delivered On or About "September 2012".
Sig Performance+Black Ext.+Black Int+Carbon Fiber+21" Carbon Grey wheels+Pano roof=one badass machine!!

E-mail for #182 received at 9:18 am; quote & agreement signed, sealed & delivered by 12:21pm today!
Vehicle to Be Delivered On or About "September 2012".

Hmm. If they're still under 200 "around September", it seems rather unlikely that they'll deliver 5000 cars this year.

I'm starting to think the Canadian cars aren't going to be delivered until winter. :frown:

Hmm. If they're still under 200 "around September", it seems rather unlikely that they'll deliver 5000 cars this year.

In fairness I don't ever recall anyone saying "deliver" 5,000 cars this year, but "produce/manufacture" 5,000 cars. (Maybe I'm wrong?)
As ramp up accelerates who knows how many cars will be produced in Nov/Dec. this year but won't be delivered until after the new year.

I'm starting to think the Canadian cars aren't going to be delivered until winter. :frown:

Hi Doug,

Based on Tesla's statement on the Facts webpage, "Reservation Holders will be invited to configure their Model S about three months before its production date.", I think this 5 month lead time is probably deliberately overstated. In other words, I think that Tesla will actually deliver the car sooner than the committed contract date.

Larry