Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JCP&L Rates without EV-Driven program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you applied for the JCP&L $1500, does it require a copy of the of the receipt and/or a picture of the of the unit with the model# and serial#? Or does it just require just the input of info but must retain a copy of the info? The $250 rebate from NJ Chargeup, I read you need to actually submit proof of purchase and scanned photo of the serial#. Did you need to actually submit proof to JCP&L? I assume the unit itself would be the same for all three units just that the Hardwired one would not come with a plug but my assumption might be wrong. So I wonder how they know which one one has. Does it actually states it on the unit "CPH50-NEMA14-50-L23" on yours? The plug ones are $45 more than just the Hardwired version on Amazon.
After reading the reviews for both Juicebox 48 and ChargePoint Home Flex, ChargePoint has a lot less dissatisfied customers than Juicebox, 8% vs 29%. I ordered the Juicebox for $599 the other day and the ChargePoint is going for $645. Now I'm not sure which one I want. I already returned the Tesla Wall Connect. This is killing me. LOL. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Yes, (if I remember correctly) I had to submit copy of Receipt of the unit, invoice from the electrician (with electrician's license number), picture of the Serial Number on the unit, and a picture of the unit actually installed. I submitted one set with the application (without a picture of the unit installed)...and then when I followed up a month later, they said they needed a picture of the unit actually installed.

On the unit, the serial number sticker simply says "Model: CPH50" next to the serial number. My receipt (from amazon) says:

"ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger, 16 to 50 Amp, 240V, Level 2 WiFi Enabled EVSE, UL Listed, ENERGY STAR, NEMA 14-50 Plug or Hardwired, Indoor / Outdoor, 23-foot cable , Black"

For me it was down to the JucieBox and the ChargePoint. The advantage of the Juicebox is that you can string two of them together on the same circuit and they will load share. However, from reviews I read the Chargepoint is a better quality unit (better cable) and more ergonomically thought out when holstering...and that was more important to me.

Last edited:
To avoid any issues, I would not consider a charger that is not specifically listed as eligible for the program. in this document:

All of the valid chargers are listed on page 11 and 12. None of the Tesla wall units are currently listed. I personally went with the ChargePoint CPH50 (aka home Flex) and I'm very happy with it. The ChargePoint is also listed on the NJ EVChargup program for an additional $250 rebate.
Did you buy the ChargePoint CPH50 Hardwired model or the NEMA 14-50/NEMA 6-50. They all can be hardwired, but the hardwired specific model isn't listed on First Energy list and there's conflicting info if the hardwired specific model is eligible.

Yes, (if I remember correctly) I had to submit copy of Receipt of the unit, invoice from the electrician (with electrician's license number), picture of the Serial Number on the unit, and a picture of the unit actually installed. I submitted one set with the application (without a picture of the unit installed)...and then when I followed up a month later, they said they needed a picture of the unit actually installed.

On the unit, the serial number sticker simply says "Model: CPH50" next to the serial number. My receipt (from amazon) says:

"ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger, 16 to 50 Amp, 240V, Level 2 WiFi Enabled EVSE, UL Listed, ENERGY STAR, NEMA 14-50 Plug or Hardwired, Indoor / Outdoor, 23-foot cable , Black"

For me it was down to the JucieBox and the ChargePoint. The advantage of the Juicebox is that you can string two of them together on the same circuit and they will load share. However, from reviews I read the Chargepoint is a better quality unit (better cable) and more ergonomically thought out when holstering...and that was more important to me.
Did you also have to submit a form W-9? I submitted that but forgot the signature portion at the bottom. I called them a couple months later and they pointed out the issue. I’m wondering if this means the money we get from JCPL is taxable.

Did you buy the ChargePoint CPH50 Hardwired model or the NEMA 14-50/NEMA 6-50. They all can be hardwired, but the hardwired specific model isn't listed on First Energy list and there's conflicting info if the hardwired specific model is eligible.
Technically, I bought the NEMA 14-50. As you said, it can be hardwired (and set to charge at full 48 Amps). At the time I bought my unit, the "hardwire only" version was not available, so I just kinda fell into it.