Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda HUB with Jeda SSD in 2023 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
I have a Jeda HUB with their SSD I had used with a Model 3, that I no longer have. I now have a Model Y and obviously it can't be used with this vehicle. But I was thinking that I could probably still use the SSD if I put it in an enclosure or removed it from its metal HUB lid and put a cover on it. Has anyone else done this? Thoughts?

You may want to open your Jeda SSD and see the brand name, model number etc. This way you can google it and see if it is compatible with an enclosure (have yet to see an SSD that cant be used in an enclosure, unless it was prohibited by the size of it).

You may want to open your Jeda SSD and see the brand name, model number etc. This way you can google it and see if it is compatible with an enclosure (have yet to see an SSD that cant be used in an enclosure, unless it was prohibited by the size of it).
I have opened it up and doesn't look like a standard SSD setup. Also watched this video about it.

I have opened it up and doesn't look like a standard SSD setup. Also watched this video about it.
That is just an mSATA.

I see no reason why it would not work in an enclosure (not to mention it is already in an enclosure from Jeda). Get a mSATA enclosure to USB-C (or A idk what you have).

That is just an mSATA.

I see no reason why it would not work in an enclosure (not to mention it is already in an enclosure from Jeda). Get a mSATA enclosure to USB-C (or A idk what you have).
Yes, it's in Jeda's enclosure, which is designed for their HUB for the Model 3. I have a Model Y now and want to use this SSD in it and didn't want that big panel door, which replaces the HUB panel, flopping around in my glovebox. But like he said in the video it's an MSATA 58XT 4BGA 152, and I can't find anything about it either.

Last edited:
Yes, it's in Jeda's enclosure, which is designed for their HUB for the Model 3. I have a Model Y now and want to use this SSD in it and didn't want that big panel door, which replaces the HUB panel, flopping around in my glovebox. But like he said in the video it's an MSATA 58XT 4BGA 152, and I can't find anything about it either.
You may just want to buy a mSATA enclosure on amazon (like $15). Worst case it doesn't work, and you can return it.

Just now got the enclosure, took forever via Amazon. Didn't even need the USB-C to USB-C cable I bought, it's USB-A in the glovebox so the included cable was fine. Not sure what I was thinking that it was USB-C in the glovebox. Anyway it works great!