Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JL Audio ACS112LG-TW1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought this bad boy to add to my 2018 Model 3 LR AWD. Should fit nicely in the sub trunk. Thanks to all those that have spent their time adding information about the sound system on here. After a little research I have all the info I need to be confident with the install! I'll let you all know how it goes!

Test fit today. Perfect fit! Planning to do the install on Friday.
IMG_0561.JPEG
IMG_0563.JPEG

Today was the big day! Took me a little over 4 hours from start to finish including cleaning up. Everything worked the first time and I am thrilled with the results! With the factory sub I had the lowest EQ maxed and it still wasn't doing it for me. With this new setup I have the amp gain set at 50% and the lowest EQ set at 2/8! That's seriously all I could tolerate before I was getting a headache. LOL

Everything with the install went just as discussed on here, I really appreciate all the info! I did the full shutdown including disconnecting the negative on the 12V and disconnecting the DC-DC converter contactor. The only issue I ran into was breaking the two weird square clips at the top of each piece of side trim that goes around the back seat. Weird design, I'm not sure how you would release them without one side breaking. It still went back together well enough though, I think all the other clips will keep it in place. It was a pain to get those pieces lined back up though.

So far no errors or issues although I haven't even driven it yet, just played it in the garage. Let me know if you have any questions about the install process, I'm happy to help!

IMG_0584.JPEG
IMG_0588.JPEG
IMG_0594.JPEG
IMG_0595.JPEG

I've been wanting to complete this install myself for over a year now. I'm glad I came across your post and I'm glad you're happy with it. I was close to pulling the trigger on the NVX kit, but I'll trust JL subs any day over most. I was hoping to complete the install without removing the top part of the seat. Do you think that will be possible?

I've been wanting to complete this install myself for over a year now. I'm glad I came across your post and I'm glad you're happy with it. I was close to pulling the trigger on the NVX kit, but I'll trust JL subs any day over most. I was hoping to complete the install without removing the top part of the seat. Do you think that will be possible?

It's possible, but you can't really get the trunk carpet completely out without taking the seat backs off, so you'd be left to try and snake everything under the trunk carpet by feel. I'd recommend taking them off, it really wasn't that difficult. Two tips I learned the hard way, first, make sure the middle seat belt goes back onto the FRONT of the seat when you re-install it. Second, be firm but gentle when removing the side trim on the sides of the back seat. The top clip likes to break.

@leonar40,

Looks like you just tapped off the OEM sub with Posi-Taps and powered from the Penthouse? Assuming you have the Premium Sound?

Ski

Yes to all. That's what makes this install so great. It's like everything is custom made for you to tap into. It's still a lot of work but nowhere near as much as most cars where you are running from the battery in the engine bay all the way back and taking the entire dash apart to tap into the speaker outputs.

All the info that you need is in the long thread for the NVX subwoofer including the wiring colors for the OEM subwoofer.

Update, about 10 days in and the sub seems to be breaking in as I’ve notice an increase in overall volume. I’ve now turned the gain down from 50% to about 33% and have the EQ set between 0 and 2.0. 😳

One other oddity to report. I’ve notice twice now if I am sitting in the car listening to music while I’m actively charging the car the bass is WAY more, like double! To the point where I have to decrease the EQ to -4.0 or even lower to even be listenable. When the car is done charging, it’s back to “normal”. Maybe that’s related to the effect people have reported when they replace their Lead-acid 12V battery with the Lithium replacement? 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: fossilcreek
Update, about 10 days in and the sub seems to be breaking in as I’ve notice an increase in overall volume. I’ve now turned the gain down from 50% to about 33% and have the EQ set between 0 and 2.0. 😳

One other oddity to report. I’ve notice twice now if I am sitting in the car listening to music while I’m actively charging the car the bass is WAY more, like double! To the point where I have to decrease the EQ to -4.0 or even lower to even be listenable. When the car is done charging, it’s back to “normal”. Maybe that’s related to the effect people have reported when they replace their Lead-acid 12V battery with the Lithium replacement? 🤷‍♂️
This install looks great. I see that this amp/sub combo has a fuse already. Did you still have to run a fuse block off of the power connection at the penthouse? Could you recommend a good amp wiring kit to go along with this sub/amp?

Yes, you should wire in a fuse near the power connection in the penthouse. Check my post history for a link to a good Boss wiring kit on Amazon 👍
I have a question. I saw in your subwoofer post that you are using signal sensing to power on your amp in the Cerwin Vega. Do you have any issues with Sentry mode leaving the Cerwin Vega amp turned on after you've left the vehicle? I saw some posts about this in other threads but I'm not sure if this is an issue when using signal sensing.

I have a question. I saw in your subwoofer post that you are using signal sensing to power on your amp in the Cerwin Vega. Do you have any issues with Sentry mode leaving the Cerwin Vega amp turned on after you've left the vehicle? I saw some posts about this in other threads but I'm not sure if this is an issue when using signal sensing.
Good question, I have no idea if the amp remains on. I doubt it, as it only turns on when an audio signal is detected but I haven't tried to examine how long it remains active.

Well I've had this setup installed for about 3 months now and I haven't had a single problem. My only issue is that now I want to go ahead and install an aftermarket amp and DSP to have more control over the frequencies and make adjustments. I'm having a hard time finding a shop here in South Florida that has experience with a Tesla.

Well I've had this setup installed for about 3 months now and I haven't had a single problem. My only issue is that now I want to go ahead and install an aftermarket amp and DSP to have more control over the frequencies and make adjustments. I'm having a hard time finding a shop here in South Florida that has experience with a Tesla.
Glad it's worked out well for you so far!