Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Juicebox 48 vs Gen3 WC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have variety of M3 (RWD), a couple of 6kW BEV ( Leaf/PriusP) that need to charge.
M3 is 32A max.
Other BEV is of course much slower..
Both adapter will provide up to 48A charging / hardwired.
Price is nearly identical at $ 425-437.

So I gain nothing if I get the fancy Gen3 WC with wifi that do me no good.

The Jukebox is more universal and wifi capability for more advanced feature charging ! ( really?). :D

Thought ?

My thought is "huh, juiceboxes are normally a lot more than tesla wall connectors, wonder where OP is getting one for the price they mentioned"? Other than that, buy whichever one you prefer.

Your post reads somewhat like a juicebox advertisement though, since in subsequent sentences you both make fun of "fancy tesla WC with wifi" and in the next sentence talk about "universal juicebox with wifi for advanced features".

juicebox.JPG

I am sorry, are you questioning whether the price is correct ? yes, it is.

What I do not know is whether any of us been using juicebox wifi stuff for non- Tesla , or any issue of juicebox working with my M3.

Pls don't flame me: I only ask a valid question for something I do not know .

TIA,

I am sorry, are you questioning whether the price is correct ? yes, it is.

What I do not know is whether any of us been using juicebox wifi stuff for non- Tesla , or any issue of juicebox working with my M3.

Pls don't flame me: I only ask a valid question for something I do not know .

TIA,

No, there is no issue using a juicebox or any other EVSE with a tesla. Use the J1772 adapter on a non tesla EVSA to charge the tesla.

I have an older model Jukebox from my first EV which I have been using with my new Tesla. Not sure the model number any more but it has been in use for almost 6 years without issue. You do need to use the included J1772 adapter for Teslas, which is not a big deal as long as you remove the adapter before the charge door closes. The first time charging the Tesla I pulled out the Jukebox plug without the adapter and the door tried to auto close on the adapter. The Juicebox company was sold since when I bought mine and they have a new app I have not even bothered to download. I'm bet it works fine, I just haven't used the app in years so...

Reactions: EV4m32
Thank Clover... so from a practical point, the app did not do much, perhaps even with a delay schedule charge, ... we may not benefit much even if the app content is well written !!!

I am making my decision then !